PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Splits

smileypete
25-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking off getting a RAS-25YH4/RAC-25YH4 inverter split, more details here (http://www.hitachiaircon.com/products/range.jsp?rangeID=1&catID=2&groupID=306#).

Does anyone have experience of these or similar models, if so are there any good/bad points?

Also they quote 45/46dB(A) for the outdoor units, is this fairly quiet? My neighbours are only a few yards away and have single glazed windows so would they hear it through the window?

(I'd be using it mainly for heating in the winter so when they have windows open in the summer it won't be a problem.)

thanks,
Pete.

eggs
26-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Hello smileypete.

I have installed lots of these little hitachi inverters this year and i can wholeheartedly recommend them. They are very quiet and reliable

BUT........

For any residential installation, i would always choose daikin.

Using my finely tuned aural capacities :D , i personally hear that they are the quietest on the market.

cheers

eggs

dougie
27-07-2005, 06:26 PM
why choose hitachi is it a free bee or what.

chemi-cool
27-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Hi Pete,

Your friends didn't answer your question.

I have only used the R22 models, they are quite enough, don't forget that there are many other noise makers out there and inside, if the windows are closed you will not hear a thing/

Chemi :)

smileypete
28-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies...

eggs: I did consider Daikin but the Hitachi costs quite a bit less, and they seem to get good reports on here. It's also got a min capacity of 0.9kW which is useful for me.

dougie: I wish, it's not a freebie, it's costing £370 incl. delivery, about the same as a B&Q cheapy so not too bad.

chemi: Thanks, that's reassuring to know! It quotes 46dBA for the outdoor unit which looks about the same as a for a quiet 'monobloc' AC so should be fine.

cheers,
Pete.

techguy
28-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey
Try a Sanyo SAP Inverter Im sure it would be cheaper and there just as good.
Also very, quietnoise levels @46dba
Regards
T

Daddy Cool
05-08-2005, 09:18 AM
The RAS 25YH4 is indeed a fine unit for the money, 410a DC inverter etc, the only draw back i can see is the controller. It's an IR remote (don't like them full stop) but the temperature will drift miles above and below the setpoint if you use the auto change over function. i'm sure this is fairly common with most RAC type units, so for residential, you could do much worse, but avoid for comms rooms etc.