PDA

View Full Version : A new challenge?

indabundu
26-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I have a unique challenge for those in the know?

We are currently investigating the feasibility of building freezer boxes (about 150 to 200l) that run off an engine driven compressor (perhaps a moor vehicle aircon unit). In a nutshell an aircon based freezer on a truck. There seems to be a lack of technical info available here and I was hoping some ideas / advice may be out there.

The ideal temperature range would be -5 to - 10 Celsius. The main challenges as I understand them:

1. Enough airflow through the evaporator
2. Variable engine speed driving the compressor
3. Pressure control in the system

I have only a basic understanding of refrigeration and though we have a theory, we don't know if it can be done.

Any help much appreciated.

cool runings
26-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a unique challenge for those in the know?

We are currently investigating the feasibility of building freezer boxes (about 150 to 200l) that run off an engine driven compressor (perhaps a moor vehicle aircon unit). In a nutshell an aircon based freezer on a truck. There seems to be a lack of technical info available here and I was hoping some ideas / advice may be out there.

The ideal temperature range would be -5 to - 10 Celsius. The main challenges as I understand them:

1. Enough airflow through the evaporator
2. Variable engine speed driving the compressor
3. Pressure control in the system

I have only a basic understanding of refrigeration and though we have a theory, we don't know if it can be done.

Any help much appreciated.

I don't know why you think this is unique, refrigeration has been powered this way for ever.

Why would you want to use a aircond unit and not the correct freezer one?
There are lots of manufactures of mobile refrigeration units on the market.

Don't try to re-invent the wheel.

coolrunnings