PDA

View Full Version : Custom made coils

Peter_1
25-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Ifyou need in your countrycustom made coils like in a fresh meat counter or to repair an excisting one, where do you buy these these coils in your country?

What specs do you have to give them?

What posibilities are available?

Are stainless steel fins or tubes possible?

End plates in aluminium?

What max length can you order?

Do you know how they expand the tubes on the fins? Pressurising with water or oil, pushing a steel ball through it with high pressure oil, expand it with a rotating oiled 'drill' on a long steel rod... I've seen all these techniques.

Did some search on the net and it seems that this is a niche market.
We can buy them in Belgium in only 2 places.

Is there still a need for these products in your country?

Are counters always standard or do there excist also companies which can make them according to your specs, complete hand made?

wambat
25-07-2005, 09:05 PM
We can go here: http://www.heatcraft.com/resources/software.asp

Superheatman
25-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Peter...the company I work for uses a couple of coil manufacturers....the one we use the most is very obliging...if it is a largish coil that requires replacement where cranage would be called for we remove the old coil and slice the headers off of the ends..(with a chop saw)...we supply these to the manufacturer with the overall sizes....they can then supply a copy coil in sections that will fit into the building lift and can be assembled back together in situ...the headers having been swaged ready for assembly.....so what was one large coil now becomes a kit of several parts which go together to make up the original sized coil.we have done this for years with great results and of course a huge saving on cranage.....we can stipulate materials and any extras that we require whilst consulting with the actual manufacturer.

BritCit_Juve
25-07-2005, 09:14 PM
There are several companies over here that may be able to help. Two of these are

Searle
20 Davis Way
Newgate Lane
Fareham
Hampshire
PO14 1AR
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1329 823344
Fax: +44 (0)1329 821242
Email: sales@searle.co.uk
Web: http://www.searle.co.uk

and

SS Coils,
Newgate Lane,
Fareham,
Hampshire,
PO14 1AR
UK

Tel +44 (0) 1329 822266
Fax +44 (0) 1329 821304
email sales@ss-coils.co.uk

I hope these help, I know Searle will make low numbers and are usually quite helpful.

They will require as much information as you can give them though.

BritCit

Peter_1
25-07-2005, 09:47 PM
It's not that I need one right now, it's just how other techs are doing this in different parts of the world.

We installed several times Searle evaporators.

BritCit, both are in Hampshire, why is this? Guys who left Searle?

Andy W
25-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Beehive coils in the Uk are fantastic, they will make you anything at all from a drawing or an old coil as a pattern. They have made me many coils and they are not extorionate on price either. Highly recommended.

chemi-cool
26-07-2005, 06:53 PM
hi Peter.
All my coils are custom made,
All the evaporators, copper/aluminium in a SS frame.

The prices are fantastic, less then half of the import.

Chemi :)

Peter_1
27-07-2005, 07:29 PM
And who makes those Chemi?

BTW, posting from Ireland now. Typing is not that easy with a qwerty instead of an azert keyboard.

chemi-cool
27-07-2005, 08:12 PM
A small company I work with.
If you send me all the details of the coil, without fans,
I can get you a quote.
They don't have a "line" but only on order.
Give it a try, you cant loose anything but an email.

What are you doing in Ireland, no more beer in Belgium, or it is the Irish girls?

Chemi :)

benijoseph
30-07-2005, 07:43 PM
complete hand Ifyou need in your countrycustom made coils ---------------where do you buy these these coils in your country?

In India standard cond are availiable on shelf, In Tons or BTU rating , we can get coustom made with out any difficulty , in any size , standard size of pipe is 3/8", Fins
are of always AL and are of 8 to 24 fins per inch,according to our specification ,
SS fins are never made, but it is possiable,but tube I doubt , reason is expansion of tube is done with hydrolic generaly oil is used , copper is easily swedged I doubt about SS?
End plates are of AL, SS OR GI mostly GI is used,
mAX length and height is 1mtr and max 6 layers,
regards,
beni joseph.

Peter_1
30-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, the trip to Dublin was not what we had expected.

Dublin is a nice city but if I compare it with Ghent or Bruges in Belgium, then I have to confess that personally I find that there is a lot more to see in these cities and these cities are much better maintained and cleaned up.

Dublin has a very rich history without a doubt but many things are so heavily torn out of their proportions to attract the tourists. You can feel this everywhere.

Drinking and eating is rather expensive. More than 4 Euro’s for a Heineken or a Guinness.
The visit of the Guinness brewery was too expensive (15 €) for what was offered: text you had to read on big plates and some old projectors. Not a guided tour…a really disappointed brewery visit. This was a little bit the general complaint we heard when leaving.

The restaurants are not that well maintained and the decorators and painters sometimes have to use a little bit more their ‘finishing touch’ It’s painted and if there some paint left on the window itself, it stays there. Or tiles mounted not rectangular, it doesn’t matter. If you should do this here, you could restart your work.

Visited also in Dawson street Café en Seine, it must have cost millions to decorate it but it need now a huge clean-up and refreshment. Behind the counters: dirt, dirt and the draperies...half an-inch of smoke dust. Things that have broken needs to be replaced, if you don’t do this immediately, then it accumulates and after some time, you even don’t see this faults anymore in your own shop.

In fact, most of the restaurants we visited – and it were many - can be compared with 2nd class restaurants over here. But the prices are those of the 1st class restaurants over here and the meals are not that special served nor decorated on your plate.
They bring you the food you ordered and that’s it.

Staff is seldom naturally friendly: a ‘good morning’ or ‘is everything OK or everything like you wished’ or ‘good evening’ when you leave is not in their vocabulary. My wife says at least 3 times thank you to every customer she has in her tea-room and she tries to give each client the feeling that’s she’s honoured by their visit, even if they only drink a cup of coffee.

But the staff in our hotel was on the other hand very friendly.

Visited also the Wicklow Mountains along the Military road and the so praised Poppies restaurant in Enniskerry. It was even mentioned in a special travel guide we had. Well, they have to visit once my wife her tea-house. I will ask they give her a special announcement in their next Belgium edition. Poppies… one counter (+/- 2 m) so old and out of date I never wouldn’t sell this anymore to a client of me and four (4 !) tables we put in our garden with each +/- 3 chairs. Very usual meals and high priced. We never will visit it again.

Driving on the opposite site was a real nightmare when we started in the traffic jam at Dublin airport. I was happy I took a full insurance.

And yes, Chemi…there are over there very beautiful girls, many.

What surprised us what that every home had a burglary alarm. Seems that you need it there because there is a lot of violence. If you leave something valuable in your car, they break your window to grab it out of your car.

Weather: 2 sunny days not too hot and 2 rainy and misty days.

Return flight delayed for more then 5 hours (Aer Lingus)

TXiceman
31-07-2005, 03:17 AM
In the US check Heat craft, Super Radiator, RAE Corp (King Coil).

I work for RAE, http://www.rae-corp.com

Ken

lana
01-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I am one of the manufacturers of cooling coils in IRAN and must say the first company here.
We are specialized in custom made coils in any size or configuration.
1- 5/8" and 3/8" copper tubes with plate fins AL or CU.
2- Spiral type fins with all types of materials and sizes.
3- L shapes Spiral type fins ....
You name it ....
You can find more than 10 manufacturers in Iran but our relative advantage is the exact calculation of the coils (DX,steam,Water,condesers). We also developed a computer programme ourselves to calculate the coils and it has been used for nearly 8 years and there;s been no problem at all.
In order to expand the tubes we use mechanical expansion, not oil or water.
One example : we produced a huge coil in one piece many years ago for a company with 13 m of length and 3 m wide. But you know what they did ? The water which they supplied in the coil was acidic and the tubes started to rupture?!!!
Another one was 7m long and 2.5m wide 6 rows for Iranian Lead company.
I should say it is a very good business here and of course needs experience.
Cheers

frank
01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi

I've just had a very nice chap from Iran doing work experience with us during summer from the local college. His name is Hussain and he is here in the UK to study for his trade qualifications. He says that he used to work in Iran for his brother who has a large coil manufacturing business and has spent 13 years making coils. He now wants to move out in to the field and install/service refrigeration equipment.

Do you know Hussain - that would be a real coincidence :)

lana
02-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Hi

I've just had a very nice chap from Iran doing work experience with us during summer from the local college. His name is Hussain and he is here in the UK to study for his trade qualifications. He says that he used to work in Iran for his brother who has a large coil manufacturing business and has spent 13 years making coils. He now wants to move out in to the field and install/service refrigeration equipment.

Do you know Hussain - that would be a real coincidence :)

I studied in London too! (UCL) - coincidence:)
I don't know Hussain but I may know his brother's company. What's the name?
Cheers:)

frank
02-11-2005, 01:11 PM
I'll try to find out

frank
02-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi lana

I've just heard from my college friend who advises that the name of the coil company is CLOOK.IRAN

The family name (apparently they only go by the last name in Iran) is Tavakolian

Abe
02-11-2005, 08:02 PM
When I went to Belgium last year , I was really amazed...
Everything was so clean, so organised....

The people were really nice and freindly. Everything was taken seriously. I saw no slums, nor run down depressed places....

Its a place thats a pleasure visiting.

I went to Rossalare.............

Apologies if I spelt the name wrong

And France is great as well

People a bit surly there.......

Peter_1
02-11-2005, 11:09 PM
It's Roeselare, 25 km from here, I worked there 5 years as afreelancer and +/- 2.5 years with BESC5240, another RE poster.
Instaleld some weeks ago two compressors on a counter for a neighbour of me who's a ratehr big counter manufacturer.
What company were you visiting there Ayiub if I may ask you?

lana
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Hi lana

I've just heard from my college friend who advises that the name of the coil company is CLOOK.IRAN

The family name (apparently they only go by the last name in Iran) is Tavakolian

Hi Frank,
The name is KOOLAK and it was in Shiraz city. Unfortunatly it is closed and sold to somebody else.
Cheers:(

Lc_shi
04-11-2005, 01:44 AM
anybody visited China and can give a impression description?Aiyub seems know much about Chinese kitchen-:) In my eyes,western people all looks handsome and pretty

rgds
LC

Abe
04-11-2005, 02:42 AM
It's Roeselare, 25 km from here, I worked there 5 years as afreelancer and +/- 2.5 years with BESC5240, another RE poster.
Instaleld some weeks ago two compressors on a counter for a neighbour of me who's a ratehr big counter manufacturer.
What company were you visiting there Ayiub if I may ask you?

We went to play in a badminton competition at a really great sports centre there, I stayed with a Belgian couple who is a dental technician......

Abe
04-11-2005, 02:45 AM
anybody visited China and can give a impression description?Aiyub seems know much about Chinese kitchen-:) In my eyes,western people all looks handsome and pretty

rgds
LC

Yes Ic Shi, I do and I have lots of good Chinese freinds here, and I regard them very highly

By the way, I gave David Wong your e mail address, did he get in touch?? He is intrested in the solar stuff you involved in.

Now that Ive sucked up to you, am I back on your christmas card list and you will send me that manual that you keep promising everyone???

:D :D :D

Abe
04-11-2005, 02:46 AM
In my eyes,western people all looks handsome and pretty

rgds
LC

Thats why I wear a scarf!!!
he heeee
:cool:

Lc_shi
04-11-2005, 04:14 AM
I can't remember how many times i send out the manual in my ftp. Have you required it? If so,i'll carry out my promise-:) hope i'm not against any copyright.

rgds
LC-:)

clownblade
08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself :)

Another of my favourite chat-up lines is "Here, hold my pint, I'm off for a s-h-i-t".

I bet you get all the best men with lines like that one.