PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thankgiving

NH3LVR
25-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I would like to wish all my fellow Americans a Happy Thanksgiving.
For all you who are not familiar with the Holiday, it is my favorite.
First Friends and Family get together in groups.
The Women go in the kitchen and drink wine while preparing a feast of Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie, cranberries, and many other delights.
The men retire to the living room and watch football, waiting to be called to remove the Turkey from the oven and other miscellanea chores.
When called to Dinner you eat all you possibly can. Then everyone goes into the living room and falls asleep. When you wake up you have the pie. For the next few days you eat Turkey.
What could be better than that?
Did I mention you get to have your first drink at Noon?
See you later. Got to go. It is 12:15.

mikeref
25-11-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm keeping an eye on you over there, make sure you help with the cleanup. Fox news on satellite is quite entertaining.. mike.

Grizzly
26-11-2010, 07:57 AM
The Women go in the kitchen and drink wine while preparing a feast of Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie, cranberries, and many other delights.
The men retire to the living room and watch football, waiting to be called to remove the Turkey from the oven and other miscellanea chores.
When called to Dinner you eat all you possibly can. Then everyone goes into the living room and falls asleep. When you wake up you have the pie. For the next few days you eat Turkey.

I hope you and anyone else that has the chance to have a break have a great time.
We all need a rest sometime.
Grizzly

dan wong
10-12-2010, 06:29 AM

Does American Indian celebrate Thanksgiving? just want to know.

chilliwilly
10-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Sounds like Christmas day at our house, except we have Yorkshire pudding with the meal, but we don't have pumpkin pie. But we tend to sup lager, beer, and sometimes drink wine with the meal.

What does thanks giving actually commerate then, is it something to do with thanking your pilgrim fathers efforts in establishing a home in another country?

Fri3Oil System
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
What does thanks giving actually commerate then, is it something to do with thanking your pilgrim fathers efforts in establishing a home in another country?

I think it's thanking your wives for doing all the work while you watch football and scratch your belly in the sofa :p

mikeref
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
From what i understand, has something to do with peace between native indians and settlers from europe... No such thing in Australia.

chilliwilly
10-12-2010, 09:52 PM
No such thing over here neither with a certain set of settlers.
:rolleyes:

NH3LVR
11-12-2010, 01:13 AM
It is based largely on myth as far as I have been able to figure out.
And it is celebrated by Native Americans.
It is also celebrated by a friend of mine who lives near London. He picked up the habit when he worked here.

mikeref
12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
It is based largely on myth as far as I have been able to figure out.
And it is celebrated by Native Americans.
It is also celebrated by a friend of mine who lives near London. He picked up the habit when he worked here.
So, NH3LVR has recovered after 2 weeks. Was thanksgiving a bit much for you? Too much happy juice eh?:D... Now you'll have to face up to christmas, life can be tough sometimes;). Taking any time off over Xmas?

NH3LVR
12-12-2010, 11:39 PM
So, NH3LVR has recovered after 2 weeks. Was thanksgiving a bit much for you? Too much happy juice eh?:D... Now you'll have to face up to christmas, life can be tough sometimes;). Taking any time off over Xmas?

Had to catch up at work. My company expects you to work harder and longer after vacation to make up for the time you missed.
Need to take two more days of vacation before the end of the year. Unfortunately I have another guy off until the first. Going to be tough.
Christmas! Dinner will be Ham, Turkey, AND Lamb!
Will be moving slow for a few days for sure.