PDA

View Full Version : freezer not freezing

dewisfamily
25-11-2010, 04:10 PM
i have a upright freezer (Frigidaire freezer elite)that is not freezing .it is cold in side but not freezing.it is switched on and the fast freeze is on and switched to max , can any one help?

Sandro Baptista
25-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Maybe lack of refrigerant.

dewisfamily
25-11-2010, 04:33 PM
what should i do?

Sandro Baptista
25-11-2010, 05:00 PM
You must call the service to charge the system or whatever could be.

Just tell me one thing. You tell me that you have switched the thermostat to the minimum temperature, right?
If the temperature can be reached the compressor should always working and that can open the possibility of lack of refrigerant. If some times the compressor stops it could be thermostat malfunction. What is real happened?

I'm supposing that fridge have one compressor dedicated to the freezer separated from the one that serves the refrigerated compartment.

sedgy
25-11-2010, 05:18 PM
hi dewisfamily. there are a number of things to test your f-f but unless you are an electrician or a fridge tec , qualified as such then it would be unwise for you to touch it or for any of our engineers to suggest you touch it. its a case of safety for YOU and others , please get a local fridge company to come out to you ,
hope you get it sorted . sedgy.

Sandro Baptista
25-11-2010, 06:08 PM
hmm. If it is a problem of thermostat I think a person whom have little knowledge of electricity can replace a thermostat.

It's my opinion.

sedgy
25-11-2010, 06:14 PM
hi sandro, in Portugal maybe?
in the uk , no
by the way how is the weather there¿

Sandro Baptista
25-11-2010, 06:21 PM
A little of cold. sometimes is rain.

And how is the weather on UK?

Gary
25-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Even as a novice, there are certain things you can do to narrow it down. You can remove the panel(s) that hides the compressor section and thoroughly clean everything you see. Also, make sure the fan down there is working. It needs all the airflow it can get. Don't forget to reinstall the panel.

If there is a fan inside the freezer, make sure it is working.

If the freezer is empty, you can shut it off (unplug it) overnight and leave the door open to make sure it is thoroughly defrosted. If it then works, there is a defrost problem.

Let us know what you find.

mikeref
25-11-2010, 10:44 PM
i have a upright freezer (Frigidaire freezer elite)that is not freezing .it is cold in side but not freezing.it is switched on and the fast freeze is on and switched to max , can any one help?
Fast freeze is just thermostat bypass, nothing fast about it really, so does this freezer have a fan inside or just shelves that freeze?.. Mike.

sedgy
25-11-2010, 11:44 PM
hi .can the dewisfamily come back on to tell us if theire fridge is a fridge freezer or a fridge with a freezer box inside the fridge? it is only maners you know