PDA

View Full Version : IVX inverter board smoking

langy
22-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I was helping commission 3x 12hp outdoor to tripple indoor unit systems today. The other engineer had used the refrigerant circuit rotary switch to address:o,instead of address rotary switch on the indoors .
Obviously systems would not fire up. We quickly rectified two systems (fault code 03), but I noticed smoke coming from third system outdoor inverter board.
I quickly switched power off, checked all wiring and examined inverter board.
All the external wiring is correct, all around the small relays on the board blackened.
I have switched off until tomorrow so I could finish commissioning the other two systems.
Has anyone had this problem or got any ideas???

Added day later.
Got it wrong its the noise filter board!!
Hitachi technical say it must be a power supply problem...checked over with electrician...no problems found.
New board ordered.

sedgy
23-11-2010, 11:40 PM
hi langy,
what have I told you about smoking?
but you did good, thats my boy,
keep up the gud work, sedgy,

langy
25-11-2010, 07:16 PM
hi langy,
what have I told you about smoking?
but you did good, thats my boy,
keep up the gud work, sedgy,
Ah Mr Sedgewick, how the devil are ya?
I don't smoke, even after sex.....I've checked:D
Get this, Hitachi said I can buy a new noise filter board, but their order system does not recognise the part if you are ordering it under warranty:eek:
How Bizarre!

sedgy
25-11-2010, 07:35 PM
hi langy,
but I bet they can find it if you are going to buy it, they arnt as daft as they look.lol, sedgy

Imp
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Its a HVRNM1E instead of a HVRNME. This is a brand new model and because of this they wont have spare parts lists. Hammer them until they get it sorted. They never have their spares ready on a product launch.