PDA

View Full Version : Psi

Jameswilkinson
22-11-2010, 11:53 AM
What psi should you pressure test a split at

sedgy
22-11-2010, 11:56 AM
james , tell me what are you pressure testing with? and what gas are you going to use in the unit?

Jameswilkinson
22-11-2010, 12:01 PM
R134a on a college work shop fridge system sorry not split

james10
22-11-2010, 05:49 PM
R134a on a college work shop fridge system sorry not split
Map x 1.3 for pressure test
map x 1.1 for leak test
MAP= REFRIGERANT PRESSURE AT 55C AIR COOLED)(45C WATER COOLED
MAP- maximum allowable pressure
But your tutor should have told you this before setting you the problem also you should be working in Bar unless your in Dartford USA

Tayters
27-11-2010, 11:09 PM
But your tutor should have told you this before setting you the problem also you should be working in Bar unless your in Dartford USA

Bar, psi, can't see why the units of measurment make a difference. If you want to go really Euro then wouldn't Pascals be better as that it is the SI unit?

Use the factors as mentioned above for official strength and leak testing. You will need to use gauge pressure as opposed to absolute.

Cheers,

Andy.

james10
28-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Bar, psi, can't see why the units of measurment make a difference. If you want to go really Euro then wouldn't Pascals be better as that it is the SI unit?

Use the factors as mentioned above for official strength and leak testing. You will need to use gauge pressure as opposed to absolute.

Cheers,

Andy.
When i did my nvq all the exam questions were in Barg for someone starting out i thought it would make life easier to keep it simple nothing, to do with the europrats, myself i work in kpa i think it comes down to preference.

Tayters
28-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi James,

Sorry, I see where your post was coming from now.

I assumed the Euro link as that was the only reason I could see why it would be measured in Bar. Still, as the old man always told me - never assume.:o

I remember in the first year of college the tutor telling us 'you can't teach someone how to braze, you can either do it or you can't'. Sounds like the same bloke!

Cheers,

Andy.