PDA

View Full Version : size capillary for any application & refrigerant

benijoseph
24-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Sizeing of CAP is always a big task for a tech/ engineer.
I can suggest you a better option ,which Iam doing since
very long with high success rate! Every one can try no harm .
ITEMS REQUIRED,
1, Needle valve 1/4''.
2, Guage 100 psi is ideal with 2 hose manifold.
3, Compressor with a constant pressure out put.
or nitrogen cyclinder with max 150 psi regulator.
4,Must know required suction and discharge pressure
of the refrigerant and application.
5, cap- for low temp appliction---.031''
medimum " " ----.050''
high " " ----.064''

HOW TO START WITH.
Connect every item of the application other than capillary, connect needle valve instead of capillary, vaccum and dehydrate the system,fully open the needle valve , charge the gas slowly,start the unit , check suction and discharge pressure, and get it to normal by adjusting the needle valve, for high Temp R22 suction will be 72psi and 300 psi discharge at 35c ambient, check cooling efficency for optimum level,
Switch of the unit , LET IT cool down to ambient, it may take few hours,
Restart the unit, with out touching the needle valve,
pressure and cooling should be same ,if any difference ?adjust needle valve slowly and charge required gas.
Repeat it again till you get same pressure & cooling always
Now take out the gas and save it properaly to reuse,
Remove the needle valve with out touching the knob of the valve,Connect discharge of the compressor or nitrogen cyclinder regulator with guage and in the out put of the guage connect needle valve one end and open to air other side, start compressor you will get some small reading in guage , take reading , put off the compressor ,again restart , some small changes will be there in reading, take average of the both the readings,
Now remove needle valve , connect cappilary and cut it to
size of the average reading. put off and restart you must get same readings , It will work perfectly!
DONT THINK OF CONNECTING NEEDLE VALVE PERMENTALY , INSTEAD OF CAP, IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERALY , BECAUSE ORIFICE OF THE NEEDLE VALVE WILL CHANGE DUE TO SCALING DEPOSIT.
WISH YOU ALLTHE BEST.
kind regards,
beni joseph. :cool:

frank
25-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't it be simpler to start with a large length of cap tube and reduce it gradually until you get the result you are looking for? as we've always done?

romaurie
26-08-2005, 05:49 AM
BeniJoseph, I take my hat off to your ingenuity!
Romaurie

Brian
28-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Couldn't you just calculate which type you required from the duty, refrigerant and pressure drop etc..?

Surely that would be quicker/easier for all!!

botrous
30-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Beni , do you consider that at real work or just for experiments ? man it could take hours to do it . . .

benijoseph
30-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Beni , do you consider -
experiments ? man it could take hours to do it . . .

Mr botrs.
Swiming is easy if U know swiming !

regards.
beni joseph

botrous
31-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Dear Beni

Swiming is easy if U know swiming i agree , but why to swim when you can ride a boad to cross the distance , well if you prefer swiming than swim . . . but remember we are in a fast world and who doesn't have the speed will not catch the train.

Best Regards

benijoseph
31-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Dear Beni

Swiming is easy if -----
will not catch the train.

Best Regards

Dear friend.:cool:
When no other option then what ? swim
or wait for space craft!
regards,
beni joseph.

botrous
31-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Beni how are you ?
Hope you are doing well . . . .

When there aren't other options your option is considerable , but as i read you started your first post by : """"Sizeing of CAP is always a big task for a tech/ engineer.
I can suggest you a better option"""" which i don't consider a better option , besides as our mate Des said time is money , and the aircraft option is always there , just give it a call because time = money , when there aren't any option call the manufacturer tech departement .

The option you are offering just fitts the experiments (that's my opinion and point of view , i don't know maybe others considers it the best ;))

Cheers and Best regards
:):):):)

Peter_1
31-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Do you know how long it takes for me?
1 minute, not more.

Botrous, install once Bearshare (Peer to Peer) and do a search on Inve. Many hits.
Do with the same program on regular intervals a search on ASHRAE :cool:

botrous
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey Peter , seems that you are using a spacecraft , man you are always one step ahead , that's why it makes me glad to read your posts .

For the peer to peer bearshare software , i will try to get it . . . and see what i will get , but as you are saying it's good , it must be good then .

Cheers and best regards

Shailesh Achary
04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for your help, I will try it and inform you as soon as possible.

icecube51
07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
do you poses a time machine friend???
if so i, would be very thankfull to make ouse of it. (2005 vs 2009)

Ice