PDA

View Full Version : training air con or refrigeration

airconmanbuddy
21-11-2010, 03:39 PM
im looking for a course or apprenticeship in the air conditioning or refrigeration enviroment not too fussed just need any. i currently have a refrigeration handling certificate and am currently self employed working on auto airconditioning systems just on cars and trucks. i need to get on and do my city and guilds qualifications, i have applied to a college but that'll be next september now :eek: and thats too far away can any one help me? thanks

improver No1
21-11-2010, 06:03 PM
You can go on grimsby college website and they do an e-learning c&g level 2 & 3 which im sure you can start when ever you wanted.

cool runings
21-11-2010, 10:58 PM
im looking for a course or apprenticeship in the air conditioning or refrigeration enviroment not too fussed just need any. i currently have a refrigeration handling certificate and am currently self employed working on auto airconditioning systems just on cars and trucks. i need to get on and do my city and guilds qualifications, i have applied to a college but that'll be next september now :eek: and thats too far away can any one help me? thanks

The thing with refrigeration is training and employment is a catch 22 situation.

You need to be working in the trade to do a full NVQ but to get the job you need the experience and qualification.

You could do the C&G tech cert which is the knowledge side of the NVQ and that will give you a chance of getting employment.

But.... and this is the killer.

Companies are struggling and training takes a back seat in this climatic situation. Companies are reluctant to employ inexperienced people at the moment.

All the best though

coolrunnings