PDA

View Full Version : Manifold hose-seal replacement

ratliffr
21-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Hello,
I am in a fulltime HVAC course here in Cincinnati,Oh and I recently put new seals in a set of hoses I have been using.They would leak fairly bad.I realize that I had probably tightened the hoses to tight too many times.With the new rubbers in should they sit flush or stick up past the schrader core needle?When I put them in I just push them down as far they would go and then I would screw in a new ribbed brass insert until it would bottom out as well.I would like to fix them properly before class or I would ask my instructor.Thank you all.

cool runings
21-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Hello,
I am in a fulltime HVAC course here in Cincinnati,Oh and I recently put new seals in a set of hoses I have been using.They would leak fairly bad.I realize that I had probably tightened the hoses to tight too many times.With the new rubbers in should they sit flush or stick up past the schrader core needle?When I put them in I just push them down as far they would go and then I would screw in a new ribbed brass insert until it would bottom out as well.I would like to fix them properly before class or I would ask my instructor.Thank you all.

They will sit proud a little.

Sounds to me like you have replaced them perfectly.
Try them and see how they work.

all the best

coolrunnings