PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Change Daikin RZQ 100 B

MrThin
17-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi All,

Just after some advice on a compressor change i am about to undertake on a Daikin RZQ100B series. Its system i removed a while ago with a mechanical comp failure.

Daikin have advised just sticking the new comp in and thats it. This doesnt sit comfortably with me as i am sure there will be lots of metal particles trapped in the condenser and strainers etc. Any reccomendations on flushing the condenser or replacing the strainers etc?

I have had the system kicking about for ages for spares but just recently found a brand new replacement Daikin comp for £50! so thought i may as well bring it back to life.

Cheers

Brian_UK
17-11-2010, 10:59 PM
The strainers can take a fair amount of crap due to oversizing.

Also, you've got mail.

brunstar
20-02-2011, 11:11 PM
changing strainers, well maybe the diagnosis should be, what was wrong with the compressor first? Shorted to earth? burnt out? gas leak?
If a compressor was shorted to earth, i wouldn't think twice about changing the inverter board as it has has fault current through it.

install monkey
21-02-2011, 09:14 PM
always change the inverter kit.coz if it fails with ur new compressor its gonna cost a lot to rectify.and the customer is gonna hate u if u fit it and it fails prematurely!

Makeit go Right
11-05-2011, 03:35 PM
This Compressor-PCB thing is all too airy fairy. I hate it when this kind of scenario shows up. And it's not like a PCB is a £10 jobbie that has no bearing on the overall repair cost -- Daikin and all of them charge a huge sum for the things. (Probably only cost less than £40 to make them, I'll bet.)

I would have expected the more expensive manufacturers (D & M), at least to design in some protection for the PCB if a field item fails, or if the PCB fails, some protection for the Compressor (or fan etc). They seem so complacent on this and blaze about changing both the compressor and PCB at the first sign of trouble from either.

On this one, can't you get one of those Service Checker(?) things to check if the existing PCB is generating the correct power supplies for the compressor. That should tell if things are okay to just swap the compressor.

There could be an issue with the feedback cables to the PCB but I would be surprised -- well nothing much surprises me with daikin these days -- surprised if that would harm your new compressor.

So, that sequence would be check with Service Checker thingy, if okay swap compressor with driers, and see what you have.

Well, come on then.......am I wrong here with this approach?

still learning
12-05-2011, 07:33 PM
rzq 100? just a point, have you pressure tested the coil of the outdoor unit before going ahead with the comp change? some of these i think were notorious for small leaks on the coil,(hard to find) when we change a compressor , we will change the inverter board too.

Fri3Oil System
13-05-2011, 10:59 AM
I presume a flushing would ne necessary, since, as Install Monkey said, the client won't be very happy if the next compressor dies too soon.

Regards,

Nando