PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic ducted just cuts out after a few minutes?

paul_h
16-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I've got an older pana ducted, it's a but of a cross between the really old units and the newer ones.
The indoor is a CS-71E91ER and is built like the really old ones, the outdoor is a CU-71C52HP and is built like the bbp8 series of about 6-8 years ago ( the wall controller is the same to the slightly more recent bbp8 series too) So outdoor PCB and wall controller similar to what I'm used to.

Anyway, this thing just cuts out after running fine for a few minutes. There's no operation LED flash on the controller or code*, or fault logged on the outdoor LEDs.
It cuts out set to 16C with 30C ambient, and cuts out on test mode too

*In the memory of the test fuction on the indoor controller, it brings up F33, but like I said, that's memory and I don't know how to clear it and the compressor amps is fine and no faults on the outdoor PCB anyway or the indoor controller flashing out on fault.

How do you clear the indoor controller error history? I really wish I could clear it so be sure of what is and old fault and what is new (the compressor was changed months ago apparently)

From memory may be a bad indoor thermistor (coil or air) that causes them to cut out without any error codes, but hoping someones got info on this slightly older than I'm used to pana.
Is stef out there still?

stefs_cruiser
17-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi Paul,

If it is the indoor coil sensor it would run for 9 minutes, so maybe check the time it runs for.

I amnot aware of a way to clear the eeprom in this one, but you can overwrite the fault code by introducing a new fault, such as unplugging the blue loop on theindoor PCB error 15 (float switch) should come up.
No other PCB's have been replaced in the outdoor?

paul_h
17-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks, yeah it seems to run for a while before cut out, long enough to get a cold suction and do some cooling in the house, so 9 min seems right. Hopefully parts are available for it.