PDA

View Full Version : AC Randomly Turned on

ukwebfx
15-11-2010, 08:45 PM
HI,

I am gratefull for any help anyone can give me.

I awoke last night to what sounded like a shutter motor and after going outside and checking all windows were secure went back to work. then kept hearng random noises that sounded like someone was climbing on the outside condesing unit again went up on the roof and looked over the wall and nothignwas there. Then just as we thought we were going mad the ac came on and went off 20 seconds later. it then kept going on and off. no lights or led panel came on,

Any ideas gratefully recived

Thanks

Simon

sedgy
15-11-2010, 08:53 PM
hi simon , it sounds like someone has the same type of ac as you < upstairs - next door ?< happy hunting , sedgy

ukwebfx
15-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Sedgy, that easy i have 3 neibours within .5km and none of them have ac

Simon

cadwaladr
15-11-2010, 10:28 PM
could it be the irkam flirkem valve or the rigmaroll solenoid i have had something like this before,but could not put my hands on it ,hic

ukwebfx
16-11-2010, 10:30 AM
well it was a bit cold last night so decided to power up the unit to see if it would work and pump out some heat. it worked perfectley turned it off and all was well. 30 mins latter started to hear the fan cycle on and off for seconds at a time so pulled the plug once again. its a bit anoying