PDA

View Full Version : Daikin DBAX

Ascott69
15-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi,has anyone ever had this problem with a DBAX system before.It is something I have only installed once.I dont have model type with me at this moment.The VRV system still runs normally using the Daikin controllers.We commissioned the system first with out the DBAX then hooked it up and had a Daikin tech program it.All was good till power drop.I have copied an email sent to use by the guys doing the network system.
Issue

Dakin DBAX box is not connecting the the IT network (after power outage or .... ???). I have seen this about 4-5 times now over 3 months.

When any product that has an Ethernet port is wired to a network (even if simply a network switch that has nothing else connected to it)
the Ethernet light will illuminate to show that there is a connection.
*if there is power on the Ethernet cable then the light will turn on & stay on.

The Dbax interface has a problem, when the unit is power cycled (or ... ???) the Ethernet cable does not always make a connection (Green Light does no stay on solid),
the light flashes every 3 seconds like it is trying to connect but never does (these port do not normally flash).
Due to this, the product can not be communicated to from the automation system.

By disconnecting power and network from the silver AVD box on the lower rack shelf, this rules out any possibility of it playing any part of the communication issue.

Only known temp fix
Connect computer via Cross Over cable to the Dbax Ethernet port directly, once the the unit gives a solid Ethernet connection, then reconnect the IT network Ethernet cable.

Connections & Info

Dakin DBAX : The top right LED on the front is the connection status and the bottom right LED is its matching Transmit/Receive status.

Dakin A/C ------Bacnet------ Dakin DBAX ------ethernet------ Network Switch (provided by IT company)

xxxx xxxxxxx AVD A/C Interface Box ------ethernet------ Network Switch

frank
15-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Seems very straight forward. No network communications from the DBACS computer.

Have you tried a direct connection with a 'cross over cable' as sugessted? This will bypass the 'faulty' network switch.

Ascott69
16-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the reply,will suggest this at next meeting.