PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration Consultants UK?

buddy
13-11-2010, 08:48 AM
I have been asked to provide some Refrigeration Consultancy work to a Global Supermarket retailer.

They know me from my previous work as a Refrigeration Service, install, maintenance and training supplier.

Question?
As this request is an opportunity not to be sneezed at I am going to go ahead if the sums work out.
All accommodation, flights, transport etc will be provided free.

But the one issue that is stumping me is the question of what do I charge them?

I have tried to get a guide from the company itself but all they will say is present my charges in US Dollars and one charge for UK day rates and one charge for overseas day rates.

Initially it will just be me as the Consultant.

Is their anybody out there Please who is able to provide me with some guidance on a charging structure?

Tried contacting other Refrigeration Consultants but they just view me as competition and wont reveal their pricing...as I expected.

mad fridgie
13-11-2010, 08:56 AM
What is your limit of liabilty.
If is very low, then US$1000 per day. Unless you are "F in" good then what ever you want.

buddy
13-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks Mad Fridgie for your prompt reply.

I was however requesting for UK day rates and overseas day rates...2 questions really.

There must be some one out their who has used Refrigeration Consultants to give me a guide?

Any ideas anyone?

mad fridgie
13-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks Mad Fridgie for your prompt reply.

I was however requesting for UK day rates and overseas day rates...2 questions really.

There must be some one out their who has used Refrigeration Consultants to give me a guide?

Any ideas anyone?
That is universal rate, just covert in to pound, euro.
Remember tou need professional indemnity insurance, best call your self an advisor, if you dont have an engineering degree.
How good are you? How much did, OJ simpson pay for his lawyer? You sell yourself for what you think you are worth, it is not about cost, its about value.

DTLarca
13-11-2010, 10:37 AM
£500/per day tends to be the minimum consultants in the UK go to. I charge £600/day and pro rata for email writing and phone calls etc.

If it's a long term contract and pretty much a full time thing then you would have to come to some compromise which will obviously be lower than £500/day - more along the lines of £80K per annum + Professional Indemnity which might be £800 per annum for £2mil cover - depending.

Quality
13-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I have recently provided consultancy services in the UK but only short term contracts I.E 8 weeks over a 1 year period and I charged £480.00 per day plus expenses and travel etc.

As Mad said if your any good charge what you want

buddy
13-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Many thanks for your replies.

Your answers give me some insight into charges for the UK but what about overseas fees per day?

They have mentioned Asia/India.

Spencer.Guy
13-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I'd look at +50% of U.k for overseas, but conditional on minimum number of days out or home to home, as you will loose quite a bit of time travelling.

buddy
14-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Many thanks Guys for your valued input.

Sorry but one other issue i would like your advice on, and that is Payment when you are ill when working overseas.

If working in say India where Delhi belly is almost compulsory...what would you charge if you could at all and what would you put as a contract clause to cover an illness that prevented you from working?

Quality
14-11-2010, 04:19 PM
If your not working your not consulting then you are not getting paid
pretty simple really

cool runings
14-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I have been asked to provide some Refrigeration Consultancy work to a Global Supermarket retailer.

They know me from my previous work as a Refrigeration Service, install, maintenance and training supplier.

Question?
As this request is an opportunity not to be sneezed at I am going to go ahead if the sums work out.
All accommodation, flights, transport etc will be provided free.

But the one issue that is stumping me is the question of what do I charge them?

I have tried to get a guide from the company itself but all they will say is present my charges in US Dollars and one charge for UK day rates and one charge for overseas day rates.

Initially it will just be me as the Consultant.

Is their anybody out there Please who is able to provide me with some guidance on a charging structure?

Tried contacting other Refrigeration Consultants but they just view me as competition and wont reveal their pricing...as I expected.

I would charge out at £500 a day plus expenses.

My company charge me out at £800 a day.

So I imagine the cost could be between the £500 and £800 mark..

All the best

coolrunnings

buddy
02-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Thanks Guys for taking the time to post.

Much appreciated.