PDA

View Full Version : Tk v-300 max

Clk320_Greg
12-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Got one of these in a fleet of 15 sprinters. the rest are running Carrier gear and work just fine.

But the TK is dead - controler seems to power up ok and evap fans come on but no feed to the compressor.

Firstly does anyone have a manual for this? Its got a spanner showing but i dont know if thats fault or service due?

Cheers,

Greg

cadwaladr
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
get the gas level checked

djbe
12-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Got one of these in a fleet of 15 sprinters. the rest are running Carrier gear and work just fine.

But the TK is dead - controler seems to power up ok and evap fans come on but no feed to the compressor.

Firstly does anyone have a manual for this? Its got a spanner showing but i dont know if thats fault or service due?

Cheers,

Greg

Spanner showing is service due (over hours). Exclamation mark in triangle is fault.

AIDANMC2006
14-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I find the tk units are better than carrier but thats just my opinion. The spanner is a service indicator but it normally comes up when hc is set for zero. Cooling fault could be anything but if a fault occurs a triangle comes up on the screen. if you press the button with the arrows going round in a circle once 2 or 3 letters come up, let me know what the letters are and i'll know from there what to do

Clk320_Greg
15-11-2010, 09:40 AM
We are back up there on thursday so ill check for error codes then,

Gas was checked first as its just come back form having a new engine and we wernt sure if the spanner monkeys had split the system or had split the compressor off the engine first!

Cheers for the help!

cadwaladr
15-11-2010, 07:40 PM
ah the engine has been changed,check if the connections for the fridge unit are good at the battery there should be a big fused supply to unit with a 40/50 amp circuit breaker or fuse.

cool_one
20-11-2010, 12:01 PM
there are 2 power feeds to the controller one is a 0.5mm wire and one on a 2.5mm the main is the power feed the little is a voltage sense wire, if the display is dead but micro powers up the there seems to be a problem with the cab control wiring or controller itself check battery cons first then you have an 01 wire that is the ignition sense make sure this is a good 12v, to get rid of the spanner you need to enter guaded access press the down arrow and = together for 3 secs this should enter if DLP comes up press up arrow then select key then try again scroll through until you get to hc set this to 450 or 500 it will then noy bother you for some time
if you had no gas the display would should the warning triangle and LP would come up when you pressed the select key
I hope this helps

Clk320_Greg
28-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Tried what you said cool one to clear the service light and it went bonkers, so disconnected everything and stuck it all back together and then it took the instructions fine! Seems to be working ok now.... but when its this chilly its hardly going to be working much!

Thanks again for your help!

Dont spose anyone can get the the working manual for this system???

Cheers,

tony2009
30-11-2010, 03:40 AM
G'day CLK320_Greg;

I have the maintenance manual here in PDF; so pm me with your email address and I'll send it over as an email attachment.

I think the best manual for you would be the DSR binder (TK52573-EN-18-OD) which is about 4Mb which should reach you o.k.

Regards; Tone......
:o