PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Fan Motor Problem/Error!!

Auspolak
12-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone, good to see theres a lot of useful information on this site but i couldnt find anything relating to i have on my unit.

I have a Daikin FTXD71JVEA indoor unit with an RXD71JVEA outdoor unit. i originally had problems when i first hooked up the whole unit and since then the indoor PCB power board blew, so i replaced it. Then i found that the outdoor Fan Motor was seized so i changed it for a new one. However, since the beginning i still get the same error code popping up. All red leds are on and the green flashes which indicates FAN MOTOR FAULT. Like i mentioned i already replaced the main Fan Motor on the outdoor unit but i was thinking if it was referring to any other fan or could it be possible that PCB2 (that controls the motor) is faulty and in need of replacing and/or the Active Module needs also replacing.

What happens is when i turn on the isolating switch and let the unit go through its cycle, the indoor fan starts to come on like normal, and on the outdoor unit a minute or 2 later the main fan starts to kick in and everything seems to be working fine until the main fan motor turns off and then i get that error code popping up. Id appreciate any help or advice on what to look for as i am an Electrician and know my way around circuits but havent worked on aircons that much. Ive already bought some parts and dont mind if i have to buy more parts but id prefer to know first what the problem might be so im not buying things that are working fine.

Thanks anyway...

ktm
12-11-2010, 09:44 AM
What is the error code on the controler?

Temprite
12-11-2010, 12:23 PM
These units should have been made with a spare control PCB...

Auspolak
12-11-2010, 09:05 PM
The controller doesn't show an error that I'm aware of. The indoor unit and the controller show no errors and the indoor fan keeps on running even when the outdoor unit goes into fault. The error code is FAN MOTOR FAULT which on the legend of the unit is when all four red LEDs stay on and the green Led is flashing. The problem seems to be on the outdoor unit by the looks of it.

Auspolak
12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
What is the error code on the controler?

How do you show the errors on the controller? Do you press certain buttons? Thanks.

Auspolak
13-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Hey everyone, I think I did it right and got the error off the controller. It's E7 Outdoor Fan motor lock, Overload. Since the motor is new could it be the PCB or active module?

ktm
13-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Yea some time when the dc motor gies faulty it takes the board out too.

Auspolak
13-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Yea some time when the dc motor gies faulty it takes the board out too.

Yeah i noticed discoloration from PCB 2 which is the control board and sparks come out from the active module when i plugged in the new motor and tried to give it a go. Even then it was still doing the same thing so im inclined that probably PCB 2 amd the Active Module is faulty and/or putting out wrong voltages to the motor. Im assuming PCB 1 which is the main power board with the LEDs has nothing to do with it?

Ill call Daikin tomorrow and get a price on both parts and reach into my almost empty pocket. :rolleyes:

Auspolak
14-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I called daikin up and the price they gave me for the two boards didn't surprise me one bit. The Control PCB 2 is $415 GST included and the Active Module is $90. Now I've already invested some
Money into this unit and would hate to rip it down and if I knew the 500 more would fix it I would. When I turn the unit on I hear everything start up including the compressor as cold air does start to come through the indoor unit. So I don't think anything else is wrong but does it sound like a problem with the control PCB and active module or could it be also the outdoor power PCB???

It would be nice if I could get some second hand spares for my model lol. Thanks anyway.

paul_h
16-11-2010, 02:14 PM
it would be just the control PCB. It's always the control PCB with JVEAs. Well nearly always...
The compressor couldn't run with a stuffed power PCB, and wouldn't run with a bad ACFM.

Now such thing as second hand spares, they all died like yours by now! So the only bit you'd want would be faulty in all of them.

Auspolak
18-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Just to let you all know, replaced the Control PCB and Filter Module for new ones and everything works fine now. Thanks for all your advice! :-)