PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia Gauges?

nomiracle
22-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Please don't flame me for this as I am new(ish) to the world of refrigeration but I'm about to start with a new company and I'm told they do a lot of ammonia plant work, my question is What type of gauges do you use for this type of work?

I've never seen any specifically for ammonia but I'm assuming they do exist. :confused:

wesmax
22-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Please don't flame me for this as I am new(ish) to the world of refrigeration but I'm about to start with a new company and I'm told they do a lot of ammonia plant work, my question is What type of gauges do you use for this type of work?

I've never seen any specifically for ammonia but I'm assuming they do exist. :confused:

no gauges as a manifold they are not needed each unit has gauges at least here they do.
wesmax

Brian_UK
22-07-2005, 10:35 PM
NH³ manifold and gauge sets, as well as hoses, are dedicated sets. Normally, if memory serves, they are of steel only. Do NOT use ordinary refrigerant gauge sets.

Contact your wholesaler for a set.

botrous
22-07-2005, 10:52 PM
READ very well the instruction of use after u buy the set , dealing with ammonia is dangerous

nomiracle
23-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks for that, actually casting my mind back i once went to an ammonia plant at a friends workplace a few years back and I do remember that it had hi/lo side gauges built on and I'm sure it was also computer controlled with pressure displays shown.

Brian_UK
23-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Good luck with it; go safely and always have a bucket of clean water with you (Oh yes, as well as the breathing kit) ;)

botrous
24-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Always remember ammonia is dangerous , whenever u smell something like a men toilet that it hasn't been cleaned for a while run for ur life :)

Brian_UK
24-07-2005, 11:06 PM
..whenever u smell something like a mens toilet that it hasn't been cleaned for a while run for ur life :)Now is that anyway to talk about your friends ???:D :D

wesmax
25-07-2005, 04:28 AM
NH³ manifold and gauge sets, as well as hoses, are dedicated sets. Normally, if memory serves, they are of steel only. Do NOT use ordinary refrigerant gauge sets.

Contact your wholesaler for a set.

If these are available I have never seen or heard of it nor any one I have talked to in Canada or in usa, but some place may if you know of any please let me know.

wesmax

Brian_UK
25-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Have a look at www.grainger.com (http://www.grainger.com) and search on ammonia. This is not the only supplier I'm sure but at least it is a start.

wesmax
26-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Have a look at www.grainger.com (http://www.grainger.com) and search on ammonia. This is not the only supplier I'm sure but at least it is a start.

I will check it out.
wesmax

botrous
26-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Now is that anyway to talk about your friends ???:D :D

I thought it was NH3 i was smelling here , after what you posted , i'm runing for my life , run folks run :D :D :D :D run run run

wesmax
26-07-2005, 02:19 AM
I thought it was NH3 i was smelling here , after what you posted , i'm runing for my life , run folks run :D :D :D :D run run run

Well you mat think so but i worked with it for years and had only a few close calls i like work it is better than R502
or R123 but each to his own.
wesmax