PDA

View Full Version : Pressure testing

Jase
21-07-2005, 08:47 PM
What is recommended pressure test for Daikin VRVII and can the s/o valves withstand the pressure? :D

Jase

frank
21-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Spaceair recommend 40barg on their traning course.

They also recommend that you make sure the service valves are shut tight before you test. :)

Sir Josiah Sodd
26-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Pressure testing criteria is covered in an European Standard, EN 378, part 2.

This standard is harmonised to the PED. The requirements are not too complex.
Not certain if the VRF system you mention is within the scope of the PED, it may not be, but the criteria are good practice, and it is a recognised methodology that you can sign off on your commissioning sheets.

Krups
26-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Pressure testing criteria is covered in an European Standard, EN 378, part 2.

This standard is harmonised to the PED. The requirements are not too complex.
Not certain if the VRF system you mention is within the scope of the PED, it may not be, but the criteria are good practice, and it is a recognised methodology that you can sign off on your commissioning sheets.

hi mr sodd could u pls elaborate for me ?

Sir Josiah Sodd
27-07-2005, 09:16 AM
hi mr sodd could u pls elaborate for me ?

I'll do my best, which parts, Mr Krupps?

Jase
27-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Mmmm...
Yes exactly,but I am quite pleased with Franks reply.At the end of the day all I am concerned about is whether the system in question is capable of withstanding a reasonable high pressure test over a given time scale, say 48 hours plus e.g
Also as Frank had mentioned the the pressure test which is recommended has came from a Daikin distributor and so when attending these training courses they never mention anything about european standard codes of practice.All they tell you is the recommended pressure test for there equipment ;)

Regards

Jase

Sir Josiah Sodd
27-07-2005, 03:35 PM

40 bar?

That's almost 600 psi in old money!

Anyone from Daikin Europe lurking in the background, care to comment?

The standard I mentioned provides 2 operating conditions, 32 & 43 degrees. you can work the rest out for yourself. If the gas is Zeotropic, you select the pressure corresponding to the Dew point temperature