PDA

View Full Version : Diy Systems

kewlman
20-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi ,

I have noted many small split DIY systems are being sold, to the general public-most of these units have self sealing couplings. Cause for concern if the systems are not being vacumed-and leak checked.
:confused:

botrous
20-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Shouldn't such unit have surveillance from the authorities ? Because of the leak checking and the international agreements ???

Abe
20-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I am sick to death how the major stores have marketed these systems...........and brainwashed the public.

At a time when we practice more environmental methods of refrigerant containment...............

Joe public is let loose with impunity............

I am getting calls daily to install..........

As soon as I find out............I DECLINE

Brian_UK
20-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I have noted many small split DIY systems are being sold, to the general public-most of these units have self sealing couplings. Cause for concern if the systems are not being vacumed-and leak checked.Hi, Kewlman - welcome.

If the system has self sealing couplings then why should there be a need to evacuate ?

A leak test with a bubble solution is about the only test that will be performed by Joe Public, if at all :(

frank
21-07-2005, 08:17 PM
If the system has self sealing couplings then why should there be a need to evacuate ?

Hi Brian

Can you imagine Joe Public getting it right first time :D

frank
21-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi Abe

Nice Avatar

Com'on then, tell us - have you got your pilots licence?

rbartlett
21-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I thought that was tom cruise !!

cheers

richard

Abe
22-07-2005, 01:08 AM
He heee at Richard..........

Still a fledgling Frank...............but I boast!!!
Peter1 is the real mc coy Commercial pilot..........
I just look at him in awe............and am envious...

But......hopefully Ill get my ppl under my belt soon........