PDA

View Full Version : Help Pls - Daikin Unit Error Code E0

ducati_ss
03-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Getting a display error code of E0 on a Daikin split system, BRC1C51/61. The outside unit starts up, there is about twenty click sounds, the fan starts spinning then all stop and the error code appears.

Any ideas anyone? Electrical short maybe?

Thanks

ktm
03-11-2010, 10:27 AM
If it was a dead short it would trip an mcb as soon as it pulled in the faulty component. Eo is activation of Safty device. Does the comp start? Just go through all the Safty devies on the wiring diagram and see which is open circuit. Should b easy enogh to find.

ducati_ss
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
The compressor is not starting up.

ktm
03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Are u qualified to work on this equipment or just having a go at it?

acnerd
03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
My experience with the E0 fault code on UK Daikins is due to one of the following:

Compressor thermal overload
Compressor current overload
Condenser fan motor overload

You say the fan spins up, so that won't be the problem. Does the compressor contactor actually pull in? If it does, and then drops straight back out, then the compressor is possibly seized.
If this doesn't happen, try checking the thermal overload connections on the compressor and ensure you have good continuity. After that, try re-setting the power and when it occurs again, immediately go through the safety circuits and see where it has broken. Look at the wiring diagram.
All the best.

ducati_ss
15-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi,

Well, I have had two engineers (one from Daikin) look at this, without a solution. The last, made at least four phone calls from my house to another engineer, and still couldn't solve it. They have suggested it is the compressor, and the quote to replace is $AU2000. (I don't think so).

So, is it possible to replace the external unit completely with an updated one? If so, what would I expect to pay for it in Australian dollars?

Also, can anyone recommend someone in Perth Australia who could help me either fixing this, or a replacement unit? If I get a replacement unit, do I have to replace the whole installation including the vents?

Thank you for any opinions, suggestions or ideas.

Regards

wozza
21-11-2010, 08:47 AM
have you tried spinning the fan without the impelller on and checking all overloads are not open circuit.

Acnerd is correct with the Daikin fault finding, it would be hard to find out without having the correct model number.