PDA

View Full Version : Calculation of dropper length for pumping refrigerants in flooded systems.

Lodiev
03-11-2010, 08:39 AM
How do i know how long the pipe must be from the bottom of the accumulator to the pumps inlet port to ensure that the pump will not cavitate. I know that with a Witt 51 used for pumping ammonia it must be at least 1.5m to ensure that all the bubbles are out due to gravity pressure of the dropper pipe, but what if i have R22 gas witch are heavier per the same volume than ammonia, does this mean i can shorten the dropper pipe? Do u calculate this pipe length with a formula for the specific gas in use?

Lodiev
04-11-2010, 05:43 AM
I also saw that when a hermetic pump is used with R22 gas the dropper pipe is very short, in fact on some of our vessels its direct under the accumulator with a static hight of about 0.5meters and the pump seems to run fine without cavitating. But my question is still the same, is this right or did they just work with the available space and hoped it will pump.

madearia
26-11-2010, 08:09 AM
I wanna asking about the difference symtom between less charging and cycle clog....???