PDA

View Full Version : Re-install walk-in cooler - cut smaller

clearsky
03-11-2010, 05:34 AM
My friend's restaurant is moving to a new location where they have a smaller space for walk-in cooler. The cooler used to be 9'x5', now we have to remove two wall panels, making it 7'x5'.

The panels fasten together with camlocks (hooks on one side, pins the other). As a result of the down-sizing, at a corner where two panels meets, both sides are pins. Also ceiling panels must be cut, so the locks will be lost on the cut end.

So my headache is how to fasten the panels without camlocks. I'm thinking of some kind of brackets, but afraid that won't secure panels tight enough.

Hope to have advices from everyone... Thanks.

Simon

martinw58
03-11-2010, 06:47 AM
if this is afreezer room you need to make a thermal brake in the panal you cut to stop frost travaling to the out side of the box. you can fix the panals using aluminium angle

FEISTY
05-11-2010, 01:42 AM
I had a similiar situation with an oversized walk-in cooler. Deal was too good to pass up but unit had to be cut down. If outside walls are accessable, I used turnbuckles and attached them to outside surface, 4 to a joint. It allowed me to " squeeze " the walls together and close up the seam. Use eyebolts long enough to run thru the wall and make sure you rubber or vinyl strip between the cut edges to gasket seal the seam. Customer was happy and it looked impressive. I was lucky the hardware loaded walls were to the back of the room. Just a thought. Have a good day.