PDA

View Full Version : Condensate system

PTA
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
We have planned for commissioning of VAM in a refinery and our scope includes handling of condensate. I would like to know the basic difference between the condensate recovery pump and a condensate transfer pump?

Thanks in advance :)
PTA.

Brian_UK
02-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Very, very little difference, they both transfer liquid from once place to another.

PTA
03-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks a lot Brian, i might have posted the question properly, the refinery is planning off a captive power plant for which they require an A/C for control room etc which comprises VAM / Screw chiller etc., they supply steam as its a refinery for VAM, the problem is actually the client is not accepting the condensate recovery pump which we offered since the consultant who planned the entire project has specified it as a condensate transfer in the documentation they prepared & not a condensate recovery and also not clarifying the reasons. As far as i searched recovery system comprises of flash system,recovery pump and De-aerator.But they have mentioned in the document as a split casing pump and asking performance curve which lead to confusion. I hope this time i made it correctly, i really don't know which side the problem is.

Thank you
PTA

Brian_UK
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
So, are you asking about the pumping of condensate from the steam system?

PTA
04-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes pumping of the condensate from tank of 1 sq.m to serve the VAM.

Brian_UK
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
..and VAM is what? please.

Steam condensate pump ---
http://www.spiraxsarco.com/products-services/products/condensate-pumps-and-energy-recovery/pressure-powered-pumps.asp

PTA
05-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Thank you Brian, VAM is for Vapor Absorbing Machine.

PTA
26-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Finally understood and found the solution, the requirement is just a small mono block pump working at 90 degree as all the condensate from VAM is been thrown out to a tank.

Brian_UK
26-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Good, thanks for the update.