PDA

View Full Version : Altherma ASHP, heating but no cooling?

JONEAU
29-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Everybody

I have just installed a Daikin altherma ERHQ0011AD outdoor unit and a EKHBX016AB6V3 indoor hydro unit. The indoor unit is only supplying fan coil units. The system works fine on heating, but dosn't work on cooling mode.
Infact nothing works at all on cooling mode no pump nothing. I have spoke to Daikin and they couldnt help. They said if there is no fault code then there is nothing they can do. Can anybody please help

Thank you Joneau

cool#9
30-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi Everybody

I have just installed a Daikin altherma ERHQ0011AD outdoor unit and a EKHBX016AB6V3 indoor hydro unit. The indoor unit is only supplying fan coil units. The system works fine on heating, but dosn't work on cooling mode.
Infact nothing works at all on cooling mode no pump nothing. I have spoke to Daikin and they couldnt help. They said if there is no fault code then there is nothing they can do. Can anybody please help

Thank you Joneau

Hi JONEAU
This problem maybe occurs because you're under outdoor limit temperature in cooling mode, i mean bellow 10°C, or the outdoor air thermistor send a wrong information - check this by pressing the auto button more than 5 sec ( water outlet and air ambient temp are displayed ).
Also if you've warmed the water just before in example while heating test, maybe you've reach the upper value of the range in cooling mode i mean from 5 to 22°C (above 22°C inthis case ).
rgds
cool#9

JONEAU
30-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi cool#9

Il give that a go thank you very much

brunstar
04-11-2010, 11:40 PM
you are saying that you have just installed it, if the model number is correct then it is the old model, if it is the new hydrobox with the end of the model number saying BA instead of AB then you need to reduce the colling permission level in one of the field settings. This is set to 20 degrees and if the outdoor is not above 20 degrees then the system will not cool. The other thing with this that cool 9 has stated if the outdoor ambient is below 10 degrees then it will not cool.
Make sure that it is not a BA series hydrobox or the indoor printed circuit board has not been changed.

JONEAU
05-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi brunstar

Thankyou for that i will give that a go. I have installed the system in the south of france, and the client purchased the ASHP from the uk, so i think you are right with what your saying the settings need to be changed. At the moment cooling is not needed but i need to see if it works for when summer comes back round.
So i will give that a go.

Thank you
JONEAU