PDA

View Full Version : Superseal

Latte
16-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi Guys,

just pickes up the latest Service Engineer magazine from HRP and found after page 26 a two page advertisement for a product called "Superseal" www.cliplight.com

Has anyone ever tried it and does it work.

Personally, i would never use it, i get enough problems with blocked systems without putting any more **** in them.

According to the advert, they can be used for anything from systems to with only 10oz's of oil right through to 5 ton systems. My first sceptical thought was "OH REALLY".

Regards

Fatboy

chemi-cool
16-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi Raymond,

It looks OK, I use something else in the Van's water system for the same purpose, works fine when I had a little hole in the radiator.
I would like to try it in old R12 systems, I will check with my suppliers if they have heard about it.

thanks
Chemi :)

botrous
16-07-2005, 10:05 PM
It seems something good , but marketing and ads aren't at 99.99% realistic . . . they want to sell the product , i want a tested product that i can rely onnn

Abe
16-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I saw the ads as well........

You drop the stuff in...........and it seals the leaks...
:confused:

But , am hoping someone can verify their effectiveness

Karl Hofmann
17-07-2005, 08:47 AM
If it is as good as the superseal for automotive aplications then it is total crap.

I imported a dozen treatments of another automotive sealer over three years ago to try it out. The one place that I found that it didn't set was at the leak. Driers yes, TXVs yes, orifice tubes yes, recovery equipment YES :mad: this garbage should be avoided at all costs. You have been warned.

On a brighter note, now that this stuff is available to the general public, repairs on automotive equipment should go through the roof :D Kerrching ££££

botrous
17-07-2005, 07:57 PM
After Karls post , i though again and that's what i came up with

Superseal

What a big name for this product . . .

A pure MARKETING NAME I think that their target customers aren't the profs . . they are targeting the starters and the people in general

patrickj
22-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Superseal is not available in my country, so I can't test it.I have few problems with compressor terminal posts leaking in between the terminal and the insulation on hermaic compressors 150 nominal TR.If anyone has tried in similer application please enlighten me,

bluzman425
07-08-2005, 07:37 PM
I have first hand knowledge that this stuff will stop up a system.....come on...you guys know that anything in a system besides refrigerant and oil is a no no. It is such a marketing scheme that they actually have a can for single phase eqipment and one for three phase....how does glue know the difference in voltage? Anyway when super seal is exposed to air or moisture it seals...but what if that moisture is collected at your txv cap tube? If you would rather sell new equipment to the end user the this will definatley make you some money in the future. Just my opinion tho.

Karl Hofmann
08-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Nicely put Bluzman, the muppets who market this crap need to be lined up against the wall and shot. I guess that in the US it is marketed at homeowners who dont want to call out an engineer when their 25 year old cooler throws a wobbler

PS welcome to the board:)

frank
08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
....how does glue know the difference in voltage?

Nice one :)

botrous
08-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Man , it's a smart glue , we are in the 21rst century and you are asking how the glue will know the difference . . . . that strongest my last post in this threat . . . big marketing name for general audience not for prof .. . .