PDA

View Full Version : Car A/C Manuals ?

Latte
16-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi Guys,

A friend come round today and asked if i could have a quick look at the a/c on his car which wasn't working very well.
He only had 10 minuits to spare so i said i would just fit my gauges to see if it was low on gas.

10 minuits passed and i still could not find the connections.
The car was a Ford :eek: Focus 1.8 turbo. I spoke to a colleague a he seems to think the connections are either behind the headlight or hidden away under the neumourous under trays.

My question is this :- :confused:

Is there a book out there (Haynes for example) that lists all UK cars showing where the ports are and the gas charges.

Regards

Fatboy

bernard
16-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi
I Did A Mondeo A While Back And Had To Remove The

Inner Wheel Arch, Drivers Side To Get To The Charging

Ports.

Regards Bernard

botrous
16-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I though that only my car has hidden connection . . . I passed under it to connect the gauges . . . and gues what the sight glass , you need a telescope to see it.

Brian_UK
16-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Is there a book out there (Haynes for example) that lists all UK cars showing where the ports are and the gas charges. I never found one when I did cars.

I think that you'll be damn lucky to find one.

Yes, think of all the obvious places NOT to fit gauges and look there :D

Andy W
16-07-2005, 11:08 PM
The only good books are the autodata ones, currently volumes 1 & 2.

www.autodata.ltd.uk

Karl Hofmann
17-07-2005, 08:57 AM
As Andy said, the Autodata books have that kind of data.

The high side service port is mounted on top of the condenser, low side is in the OS wheelarch on the Focus.

Alan B
17-07-2005, 03:30 PM
A word of caution if you only dabble in car A/C as this thread suggests - check your insurance cover before you do anyone a favour!
Alan B.

malik55
20-08-2005, 03:10 PM
In past I had seen a very good service manual on auto air conditioning named
S.A.M Auto published by R.S.E.S but it was on American Autos,
I dont know it is still available or not,you have to check with R.S.E.S

Snowman123
25-09-2005, 12:57 AM
With the bonnet open and the headlights in front of your legs, to your left in the wheel arch is the access valve. On Ford Galaxy its behind the indicator on the same side. In the U.K it would be drivers side wheel arch. P.s look for leak in the condensor area.