PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Unit Construction

lanalin
22-10-2010, 09:41 PM
We're trying to build an instructional HVAC Unit for student use. Any suggestions on where to start and where to source equipment?

hamadalx
24-10-2010, 09:25 PM
According to the type of HVAC units and the conditions of the building .....

Tesla
25-10-2010, 12:40 AM
You could build the ducted section from clear plastic so the students can see what is going on inside and see all the components. Try to source the components from local companies of where the students may work. You will need to have many sensors to teach about how one part of a system has an effect on another. If the sensors were connected to a PC you could show the in graphical form the trends of the systems. Incorporate external heat and cooling. Show them the heating, cooling, filtration, and air parameters. And have charts to show the various types and application of HVAC.

garethjones
29-04-2011, 02:23 PM
That is a nice idea... I agree

james10
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
The college I went to had a glass evaporator no idea where they got it great piece of kit

chillerman2006
12-08-2011, 10:24 PM
hi lanalin

dont mean to sound rude - tesla

Please dont put probes everywhere

teach them to use thermometer air/touch probes

I have just had to train a engineer who has only just done a training course 2 weeks prior + passed ok

because the probes where already in place on the system, he did not have a scooby doo where to take temps

better to learn as near to real world as poss