PDA

View Full Version : iT's LG Again

Brian_UK
14-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Worked on an LG cassette today with a buddy to repair a fractured liquid line connector.

If any of you get a call to replace a drain pump in one of those babies, run like *****.

The mounting screws for the pump can only be reached when the pump is removed from the unit :confused:

To remove the pump from the unit means unscrewing the pump back plate which is actually holding the two evaporator coils ends together as well as holding the coil to the roof of the unit :mad:

Oh Yes, the screw holes don't line when refitting - how unsual !

Also, as previously stated by others, it's sharp inside these things, two of us had to make entries in the site accident book for wounds received.:eek:

eggs
14-07-2005, 11:38 PM
i thought i had a quiet day today.
1st job, re-wire a temp wiring job on an old LG unit, ++£££kerching
2nd job, totally unconnected to 1st job, return faulty LG componant to wholsaler ----£££kerching
3rd job, gas up 2 cars with 134a, turned into 7 cars ++++£££kerching.
4th job, go home early and take kids swimming.
5th job, answer phone ar 9pm, "my chocolate is melting, the air conditioning is not working, what you gonna do about it, i have a 3year warranty, i know my rights, etc etc etc"
"sorry, who are you, what system is it"?
"LG"

Thats another morning lost tomorrow and what little money i made today, lost again.

Cheers

eggs

Just to reiterate, "THOU SHALL NOT BUY Loada Garbage again"

wambat
15-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Worked on an LG cassette today with a buddy to repair a fractured liquid line connector.

If any of you get a call to replace a drain pump in one of those babies, run like *****.

The mounting screws for the pump can only be reached when the pump is removed from the unit :confused:

To remove the pump from the unit means unscrewing the pump back plate which is actually holding the two evaporator coils ends together as well as holding the coil to the roof of the unit :mad:

Oh Yes, the screw holes don't line when refitting - how unsual !

Also, as previously stated by others, it's sharp inside these things, two of us had to make entries in the site accident book for wounds received.:eek:

Gosh, I hope you got all your required shots :(

Andy W
15-07-2005, 07:16 AM
I have had LG problems again, anyone else noticed on the new 5.4 kw wall mount condensing units the rear right hand side foot does not line up, it is actually offset, LG know about this and have done nothing about it, also the plastic covers on the new wall mounts are shockingly bad and if you remove the complete cover for coil cleaning etc.....you wont get it back on easily!

2 weeks ago I was sent a cooling only remote control for a heat pump cassette on a brand new installation which did not help much.

I still have not had any joy from LG regarding my timer problems with a 10 kw cassette from 6 weeks ago, LG have not been to site yet and I still have not been paid!

I just dont know what to install anymore, I have started to quote Fujitsu but my LG supplier says Fujitsu are shockingly bad at supplying spare parts.

Abe
15-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Andy,

Im being very careful who I shall chose as my next supplier, I was thinking Fujitsu as well, but now seriously considering Daikin.

But whoever it is, I want a one to one relationship with them, ie: I must know product inside out, technical manuals must be available and stuff must be quality tested at factory............not by installation engineer.......

When I put it in it must be , fit it and forget it........

Someone mentioned Mitshubishi Electric..............not ( heavy industries) big difference.

But lets see what happens........

I have got orders in pipeline for thats loads a garbage stuff.........Im stalling.......

Jase
15-07-2005, 08:22 PM
You think LG is rubbish?
Wait until you come up against Saunier Duval :mad:. They are the worst!!

frosty74
15-07-2005, 09:04 PM
i also think LG is a load of crap also had the problem replacing pump also had bad experiences with GREE and ASCON dont even bother installing them anymore stick to MITSUBISHI and DAIKIN when ever need any tech info on mitsi there tec helpline are more than helpful and also speedy at sending out parts

botrous
15-07-2005, 09:27 PM
LG sucks . . . . . that's all what . . . . . could be said . . . maybe the LG guys need to have a look to this forum maybe they can take some advices from site engineers so they can improove their products.

frank
15-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I was thinking Fujitsu as well, but now seriously considering Daikin.

OK, I'll admit that Fuji can beat Daikin on price but even after Fuji have revamped their kit, have you listened to it? noisey or what.?

I've just quoted a golf club to AC the rest of the club house as their "quiet room" has had Fuji installed and they are quite happy. I heard it running and was shocked. I took the guy across town to see one of our installations and he says he won't have Fuji again :)

Once you have worked on the best it is difficult to fit anything else :D :D (although I do like Hitachi)

Andy W
15-07-2005, 10:44 PM
You think LG is rubbish?
Wait until you come up against Saunier Duval :mad:. They are the worst!!Every single Saunia I installed with no exceptions I had to go back to replace the board, sometimes twice, even had to change a complete wall mount once! Now Acson, how can a 3 month old unit rust like a 1970's Austin Allegro?

Temprite
16-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Just to reiterate, "THOU SHALL NOT BUY Loada Garbage again"[/QUOTE]

I thought it was L ow G rade.

eggs
16-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Yesterday, mitsi elec twin split inverter, brilliant, today hitachi G8 ducted system, like a dream, tonight!!!!!!
call out to a water leak in anLoada Garbage cassette.

Guess what ??

Lift pump gone.

Brian, will you fix it please, pretty please, pretty please with bells on top???

please

cheers

eggs

Abe
16-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Hold your breath guys.............
You havent even heard my woes....................yet!!!!
Watch this space

chemi-cool
16-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm suffocating Abe,
Have some mercy, :confused:

Chemi :)

botrous
16-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Really i think that those posts , must be sent to LG to see what will be their opinion , maybe they do us a favor and design good products

Brian_UK
16-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Brian, will you fix it please, pretty please, pretty please with bells on top???Short answer Eggs, boll*cks:cool:

Long answer..... In your dreams sunbeam :p

david mcbain
20-07-2005, 03:18 PM
hi guys i need all your LG comments sent to me at mcbaind@lge.com we do look at your problems and we are looking at better ways to suport you all

Sir Josiah Sodd
20-07-2005, 03:48 PM
hi guys i need all your LG comments sent to me at mcbaind@lge.com we do look at your problems and we are looking at better ways to suport you all

Oooooh! BIG, BIG Mistake, David.

....he who asks usually receives.

Sodd's Law!

Andy W
20-07-2005, 04:10 PM
hi guys i need all your LG comments sent to me at mcbaind@lge.com we do look at your problems and we are looking at better ways to suport you allWell thats my tuppence worth sent!

Abe
20-07-2005, 10:42 PM
hello david

thx for your message..........
Ill be writing to u for sure

I guess youre the big wig at LG :)

and can act........................!!!!!!!

:) :)

Abe
20-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Seriously folks...................we have an opportunity......
lets grasp it.......

It can only be positive.........

Brian_UK
20-07-2005, 10:55 PM
hi guys i need all your LG comments sent to me at mcbaind@lge.com we do look at your problems and we are looking at better ways to suport you allDavid, thanks for your bravery in joining in the forum; welcome.

To all who have passed comments on these products, if you are going to send any to David then do please keep them sensible and to the subject. Rants and raves to not acheive too much apart from making you feel better ;)

Sir Josiah Sodd
21-07-2005, 09:05 AM
To all who have passed comments on these products, if you are going to send any to David then do please keep them sensible and to the subject. Rants and raves to not acheive too much apart from making you feel better ;)

Hear! Hear!

As David is the only (?) manufacturer to put his head over the parapet on this forum that I know of can I suggest that you give him facts that he can use.

For example,

Model Number and serial number (essential) plus date of instal.
Photos are a great help where they are relevant, too.

botrous
21-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Finally someone wants to put his hand over the problemmmmmmmmmmm yupiiiiiiiii
Let's hope their solutions will be on a globale scale not local
:cool:

Abe
21-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I am sure that our members are mature and sensible..........so no fears Brian............

I think it may be useful if David offers us his credentials....ie: position and role within LG.........

for obvious reasons.......we need to make effective use of our limited on line time speaking only to the right persons.

That aside I welcome the LG response.........and hope we can be constructive.........

Abe
21-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Stick to the pedigree names.........and youll be fine.....
These days I ask myself.

Do they have proper technical manuals?
Do they have a training support structure
Do they have efficient pre and post sales teams?
Do they carry stock
Do they promptly react to problems

If they dont.............well..................you may as well go to B & Q........

I know its good to keep a secret.................but check out the deals on small wall mounts from Daikin.............

youll be pleasantly surprised.........

botrous
21-07-2005, 07:23 PM
The whole thing is a competition matter , the best wins ... who wants to sale his products must hear what the market wants , low prices hight quality and after sales servicing