PDA

View Full Version : F-Gas Regulations - installation

acnerd
19-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I understand what pat of the Regs say with regard to a service engineer's tasks of pressure-testing and leak repairs, compressor changes or any component change which involves in opening up the system; we must make a return visit within 4 weeks to confirm there are no further leaks.

But how does this affect the installation industry? Is a pressure test certificate and commissioning sheet enough, or are they also obliged to return within 4 weeks and ensure their newly installed system is leak free?

Thanks

Quality
19-10-2010, 10:53 AM
The follow up actions / checks can be done the very same day by recording the relevant readings such as superheat subcooling air flow/temp etc

NoNickName
19-10-2010, 10:58 AM
The repair must be ensured, but a newly installed system is implicitly leak tight by definition.

taz24
19-10-2010, 02:09 PM
The repair must be ensured, but a newly installed system is implicitly leak tight by definition.

That is my interpritation of the regs as well.

A new install is, a new install and would not be left
with a leak.

The repair, maint, replacement or other work carried out is the one that requires a follow up.

taz

acnerd
19-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the answers chaps. The question was posed to me today and I told him what I told you; but being in the service sector, it made me think. :confused: