PDA

View Full Version : what does this mitsi part do??

moondawn
16-10-2010, 03:07 PM
hi all,

i was servicing three mitsi high wall units the other day,
2 downstairs and 1 upstairs in the building

On one of the high walls i noticed a part wired in to the indoor control PCB. it looked to be going on to CN151.

I thought it could possibly be something to do with fault indication. opened the box up and found a printed circuit board inside.
The three units all had Hard wired remotes and there was this box only on the one unit not all three.

Any one come across this before?

jonjon
16-10-2010, 03:56 PM
i have seen this before i think its called a map board? u use it when you link up 2 units in a room to 1 remote controller.

Reffnut
16-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I think its actually an adapter board for connecting to external panels like fire alarm panels or bms control panels ave fitted a few of these and they look alot like that

wardy2
16-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I think that it is fitted to a wall mounted unit to enable it to have a hard wired remote control connected instead of a hand held remote.
i think it can also enable you to address fan coils for centrallised control.

moondawn
16-10-2010, 09:14 PM
interesting, few suggestions being thrown around.

my hunch is for BMS or to a panel for a fault indication. The Wall mounted split is used to keep medicines cool. however the other two units are identical in model numbers and also they are the same rooms however none of these have this added kit!

The other units are all hard wired remotes also, so i am kind off thinking its nothing to do with changing from handheld to hardwired remote control.

I looked for a model number on the box but could not see one or make out properly a number on the PCB so still very unsure what its function is?

Reffnut
17-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Its on the side screwed to the wall open it of take the fixing screws out and the part num will be on the back, weird i know!

james10
17-10-2010, 07:44 PM
an auto restart after power fauilure maybe

Reffnut
17-10-2010, 07:53 PM
No auto restart after power fail is a dip switch setting on the outdoor pcb on most mitsis its sw5 bit 2 on or visa versa

moondawn
17-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Its on the side screwed to the wall open it of take the fixing screws out and the part num will be on the back, weird i know!

lol thanks for the sarcasm. i checked the board and could not make any thing out to be a valid model. did not want to go down the pains of removing the board possible disturbing it and odviously i dont know what i am disturbing as am asking the question!

moondawn
17-10-2010, 08:26 PM
an auto restart after power fauilure maybe

hi james yeah i think the auto restart is done by a dip switch too so be surprised if its that.

still learning
17-10-2010, 09:02 PM
its a mac 256 board or some type of number, which is as refnutt says has its number on the otherside.
it does allow a hard wired remote to be fitted and a lot more, sadly the book which came with it , is still on site.

moondawn
17-10-2010, 09:10 PM
its a mac 256 board or some type of number, which is as refnutt says has its number on the otherside.
it does allow a hard wired remote to be fitted and a lot more, sadly the book which came with it , is still on site.

hi there thanks for your post, will have a look around see if can get a manual for it, see what its capabilities are

cheers

Oilfilter
26-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Its a BMS remote on/off and alarm output panel.

moondawn
27-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Its a BMS remote on/off and alarm output panel.

cheers oilfilter, next time i am on site will see if can track down the panel.

we have three of the same mitsi splits in three rooms which are all used as a drug store, find it strange only one of these units has this added feature.