PDA

View Full Version : Ice machine

blacks
15-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi

I currently have a SCOTSMAN ICE MAKER CME1402 and the problem i have is the quality of the ice and when the ice is harvesting there's water that comes down with it is that normal ?
What should i do to fix the problem ?

Emmett
15-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi

I currently have a SCOTSMAN ICE MAKER CME1402 and the problem i have is the quality of the ice and when the ice is harvesting there's water that comes down with it is that normal ?
What should i do to fix the problem ?

It is not normal for water to be dripping down in the harvest cycle, and the most common issue with ice machines is keeping them clean, so I would start with using a Scotman approved cleaner and follow the manufacturers recomendations for cleaning.

blacks
15-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi
Thanks for the reply i'll get to it now next question do you know of a float system that i can be hook up on the ice machine so that i can re use the water that it's dumping so that the harvest cycle goes faster ?

FEISTY
17-10-2010, 01:38 AM
I respectfully disagree with the last answer. Ice machines use hot gas defrost to redirect the hot gas back thru evaporator and this will result in a melting condition that releases the cubes from the plate. You can expect a minimal amount of water to drain back to the pan until plate is clear of ice and freeze cycle restarts. Good luck and have a great day.