PDA

View Full Version : Cellar Cooler

Dom.z.
14-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi all, i am currently investigating a cellar cooling system, its not cooling, the condenser fan is not running and the compressor starts then stops 5 mins later.
I put my gauges on it and there is sufficient gas in the system, i also checked the condenser fan motor and this is fine, does anybody have any idea's for me to try, could the capacitor be knackered???

FEISTY
15-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Condenser may have fan control that holds off fan until preset high pressure is reached. Fan will run until high side pressure drops to preset differential point. This system is meant for condensers that operate in cold ambient conditions. Is unit located outside and is outdoor temp cold now? Also identify ***** and whether system is properly charged. If control is in system, make sure voltage is passing thru control. More information is needed.

sedgy
15-10-2010, 10:13 AM
hi dom,
is the system being held off by the L-P switch?

Dom.z.
15-10-2010, 10:27 AM
yes it might be i had 8 bar on the high side when it was running and 4 bar on the low side, do you think this is abit short of gas?

Dom.z.
15-10-2010, 10:33 AM
yes it might be that, the unit is outside and now we are past the summer it could be something to do with the coldness, can i find out from ***** the exact running pressures i should have if i have model & serial???

thanks

coolhibby1875
15-10-2010, 10:51 AM
defo short of gas the fan will operate on a presure switch, usually comes on at around 13/14 bar then cuts out at 10 bar.put gas init and look for a leak!!

Dom.z.
15-10-2010, 10:57 AM
ok i will do thanks alot im new to the service side so just begining to pick it up.

thanks

sedgy
15-10-2010, 02:15 PM
hey dom , do you know what gas its on?

r.bartlett
15-10-2010, 11:10 PM
ok i will do thanks alot im new to the service side so just begining to pick it up.

thanks

can i find out from ***** the exact running pressures i should have if i have model & serial???

Have you had any formal training or qualifications as your knowledge is severely limited which is putting it nicely

Ask yourselves this -
would this guy pass 2079?
Should he, with what he has demonstrated, be allowed to pass 2079?

In this day and age 'engineers' (as he deems himself) of this level of quality should not be allowed to work on equipment on their own. It's tantamount to breaking the F-Gas regs and qualified engineers do the trade no service by encouraging this irresponsible behaviour.

I agree he has to learn somewhere but ask yourself this
Would you let him work on your own cellar cooler unsupervised. Would you trust him ?

I certainly don't and wouldn't allow him this level of responsibility at this stage in his career. The 'boss' is responsible for him and it's obvious he's letting him and equally important his customer down

F-Gas was supposed to condemn this poor level of skillset to the past. It's obvious that this isn't the case..

A lot moan about the G.Ment enforcing standards on us , it's pretty obvious why they felt the need to step in.

the chiller
22-11-2010, 03:45 PM
check gas charge before you do anyhthing else!!