PDA

View Full Version : Vector problem

Mick Carroll
12-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi folks,
a customer of mine has a vector which wont start, he has removed the engine and generator from the unit, the engine will only start when the gen is removed, he has sent the gen to a electrical rewinds company and has been told that the windings are burned out. Is it possible for the gen to load the engine if there is a winding short.

Any help would be great, thanks lads

clivemtk
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
if windings are burnt it will load engine so much its almost like engine siezed ps dont try 24volts it just burns out the starter

glynn
13-10-2010, 06:57 PM
yes thats bang on the nail if the generator is u/s the engine will sound like it is locking up

Mick Carroll
13-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks for that boys, I have not worked on the unit but it is the first time I heard about this fault over here. that brings me onto the next question, what is the most likely cause of the burn out as I will be asked to check the unit once it is reassembled.

Mick.

MRW
16-10-2010, 07:51 AM
the generators just go bang sometimes,
have they managed to get the generator apart to rewind it?? or are u fitting one from carrier

Mick Carroll
16-10-2010, 08:57 AM
The electrical rewinds co have it dismantled but i have not seen it.

clivemtk
16-10-2010, 05:57 PM
have never had great succsess with rewinds apart from carrier reman faults causing burnouts engine revs dead short evap fans etc contatactor pointts welded togetherand battery charger

whatever
11-11-2010, 12:51 PM
hi mick if genny has calved u better advise customer that he will need to get engine done in about 6 months ,the bearing on the engine will calve