PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Heavy E01 Fault code (OLD sYSTEM)

Chris2005
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi All,

I have a problem with a mitsubishi heavy showing E01,

Both indoor cassettes are flashing e01 with the green led on board lit constantly,
Normal green led is flashing on outdoor unit.
I have checked wiring and everthing looks ok, reset power but cannot seem to find out whats causing the problem.

The system is R22
Model Outdoor FDC504HES2
Model of indoors FDTN505HES2

Regards

chris

Andy AC
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I think it's communication error - check connections, could be a high level trip in external condensate pump, if fitted.
I assume it is a twin split system. If it is a twin you could swap the indoor pcb's, and alter the address setting.
How old is it? I don't recognize that series/model number.

Andy

Chris2005
12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi Andy,

The units are about ten years old,
The system has two outdoor units running two indoor units which are connected together through A+B terminals,

I looked aboved the suspended ceiling and there is a external pump I will check it when I go back.

If it turns out not to be pump but faulty pcb will the second unit run with the faulty pcb and master with good pcb?

Both indoor units are flashing the same code E01 and green light is on both constant

Regards

Chris

bigor_2
12-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Chris2005,
E1 - communication error remocon <-> indoor unit. For FDTN remocon it's display panel.
Green LED on PCB indoor/outdoor units it's monitor communication line indoor<->outdoor.
A-B it's SuperLink (MHI LAN).

If only green LEDs flash constant (red LEDs OFF:), and power supply reset not helped then indoor PCB defective.

P.S.
Fresh idea. But at her other symptoms. Sequence of phases can be broken.

Chris2005
14-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Bigor,

I went back to system today to check the unit, I noticed the controller today when turned on had to lights on constant one for reset filter and check but no display.

I took the controller apart to check it abnd found the back of board all black like somebody had put it straight to mains.(The controller has a transformer behind it in the wall connected to the mains then theres a black and white wire to controller.

Do you know what voltage should be at A+B terminals on controller?

The man who owns the place said its been 4 or 5 years since units worked, they were in an old room that they have just done up and kept the old a/c.

Regards

Chris

bigor_2
18-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Controller is it Center Console SLA-1-E?

Chris2005
09-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi All,

The 2 indoor pcbs were defective , The reason being when they had the place renovated the electrician took the MC control network off the wall which has a transformer in the wall behind it but when he put it back on he connected the 240v to a+b blowing the hard wired controller and the 2 indoor boards.

I have put 2 indoor boards in now and the unit works fine when I press the on off button on the facia panel of indoor unit but It will not work on the hand held remote,

Is there any switch that has to be changed to make it work on hand held instead of hard wired,( which I have disconnected)

from the info I can find the wired controller was an optional extra for this unit and only had a wireless when new.

Thanks

Chris

I have dicconnected the hard wired controller