PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me how you rate Multistack chilllers

merras
11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Thinking of buying 2, can people please share their experiences with me regarding these units. Would you recommend these units??

Magoo
12-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Don't even consider them.

airmate
12-10-2010, 09:00 AM
found heat exchangers prone to leak on older models

gregd1401
12-10-2010, 12:28 PM
The earlier models were built with 304 grade s/s heat exchangers. Water treatment engineers obviously didn't know how to treat these successfully and allowed chloride levels to go too high and this caused the PHE's (condensers) to leak. Later models were manufactured with 316 heat exchangers to overcome this problem. There were also a lot of software versions for the computer drawer. Some were better than others. Are you buying these new or second hand?

merras
12-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I was going to buy two new SRA131 running R407. Though I have not heard a single person say anything positive about them so I'm considering scrapping the idea.

Aircondmech
17-10-2010, 04:55 AM
In my experience found that the compressors were hard to get,

The controls are ok and fairly simple.

I once found that a snake had wrapped its self round a condensor fan ... then the fan must have started.... our call out involved removing snakemince and replacing fan motor and fan blade.

jekfusion
19-10-2010, 09:40 AM
The air cooled model you are looking at is pretty relaible.

Is the system you are looking at have the G4B or MV6 controller. If you get the G4B controller ensure you get the calibration chip for the sensors as usually the sensors need to be calibrated every so often. With the MV6 controller calibration is easy via the touch screen.

Easy to install and easy to maintain.