PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best???

Abe
10-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I am looking for a AC to market..........Yes, I am no longer installing the economy brands.

I am thinking either Daikin, Mitshubishi Electric ( if these are still available) Fujitsu or something else

Which ones would you recommend............I demand high reliability and something that doesnt leave the factory untested.

After installation, I want to pack my tools and walk away........

As Eggs has reminded us repeatedly..............Better to pay another 200 , but get something decent.....

chemi-cool
10-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi Abe,
Nice picture, looks just like you ;)

Are you going to start marketing AC units or you just want to sell the highest quality?

I just changed a compressor in a 3.5 KW Chinese split, admired the "economy". my hands have cuts all over from the "high quality finish".
its written on the lable, power - 5.9A, Climet T1 (tropical),
In fact it was 8.9 A.

yes, get the best stuff available.

Chemi :)

eggs
10-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Welcome to my world Aiyub.
My first port of call is now always Hitachi.
Reason 1)
well everybody i speak to about it does not have a bad word to say about it. Except, it's a bit pricey.
I deduce from this, you get what you pay for. I know the rumours about the fractionation/glide issues with 407c, but that is history.
Reason 2)
I buy from SWM Manchester, when i set up business they were the only wholesalers willing to help me, i now consider Brian, John, Lesley etc my friends and collegues.
Reason 3)
I personally have never had any problems with it whatsoever, at all, nothing.
My next port of call is then Daikin, similar reasons with regard to quality, to above, but they wouldn't deal with me until i had a track record.

If i fail to get the kit i need from these two, then i ring up Kooltech, for some Mitsi Electric.

Although the customer service i receive from Thermo/RCL is second to none, the LG products are flawed. I shall not be buying them again.
The industry is now to "savage" to have to go back unexpectedly to an install, there is just no margin for it.

cheers

eggs

Ps I went to B&Q today, a sign on the air farce wall mount, said "OUT OF ORDER, DO NOT SWITCH ON"

Krups
10-07-2005, 09:30 PM
daikin, mitsi r gud i find, panasonic always seemed2 b damaged by the time we gt em

[Hey Krups, I know that we are not expert typists but if you could refrain from 'text messaging' it would be soooo much better; the site covers the world and it makes it easier for all to read. Cheers Brian ;) ]

bobjob
10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Go for Daikin
Technically always seem to be one step ahead of the rest !
good after sales help, service help etc.

Mitsubishi Electric: are Ok - Wall units alway look to big for the duty ! only seems to be one person to help on tech questions so always a long wait.

Panasonic:Ok, now same build as Daikin due to agreement on shareing technology and access to each other markets.

Hitachi: no. too many bad memories for me

Fujitsu: yet ok for mid price range

If you want to start selling in large numbers you need a premier price range such as Daikin or Mitsubishi
mid price range Fujitsu or Panasonic
budget range Lg or Samsung

It really depends on who will give the best deal off list price but you do need a manufacturer who has the full range of a/c systems especially inverter units

Bobjob

Abe
11-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi Abe,
Nice picture, looks just like you ;)

Are you going to start marketing AC units or you just want to sell the highest quality?

Chemi :)

Chem, thx u like the pic, if only I was as good looking as you!!!
:)

I want to Install the best , the most reliable, the best quality.
I am fed up of putting crap, loaded with incentives.........and crappy logos...........

Yes............Ill pay extra, make less profit...........but I sleep well and get a good name

These cheapos, with there hyped marketing...............SUCK

Karl Hofmann
11-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Abe, I think that you'd have to go a long way to beat LG for their superior quality :D

I fitted Daikin for the first time this year, and found the general quality of the equipment to be superb, similarly for my budget option I have started to fit Sanyo, which again give the feel of good quality. Daikin already have a proven track record, but my oldest Sanyo is only a few monts old so I can't comment long term on those.

piston broke
11-07-2005, 07:57 AM
My vote goes to Daikin.

Hitachi let themselves down with their void mounts.

Getting parts for Mitsubishi Electric (especially pcb's) takes forever, even if the equipment is new. The summer's usually over by the time they arrive.

In order to be competative you sometimes have to buy cheaper. We have installed a lot of Fujitsu's lately are very impressed. The company we get them from also provide a great service.

Worst a/c I've ever come across in my opininion Saunier Duval, I haven't got time to explain why.

PIST :D

techguy
11-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi Guys
I was Service manager with the biggest Mitsu dealer in the ROI for 12 years , good quality but a nightmare for parts. 85 number different pcb's in their split range alone???. Daikin ok but very dated looking, Hitachi I don't know anything about. Im with Sanyo A/C now for the last six months and I have to say the Kit is excellent the technology is second to none and only six pcb types accross the whole split range so parts ar'nt a problem (not that you'll ever need any) :D

Hope this helps
C ya
T

Jase
11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
It would have to be Daikin. Though there wall mount range (FAYP71-100) are sometimes a real pain as the side panels are not easy to come off,but they do make up for it with the rest of their kit ;) .On a whole you probably find that every manufacturer has got something good to offer.The more you pay the better the quality.

Regards

Jase

Abe
11-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Its come down to :

Fujitsu Good stuff
Sanyo...........which hasnt come in for any criticism

I know Control Centres do Fujitsu's

Wondering who distributes Sanyo

I cant divulge much right now, but I will relate why I posed this question in first place.............later

Temprite
11-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Hello Aiyub
Daikin gets my vote as well.

If we get any troubles with units under warranty, parts usually arrive in about a day.

Also had a couple of compressors fail just outside of warranty (about three months). Daikin still supplied these under warranty.

Tech support is very good.
There is nothing like ringing up to get get support on brand x a/c unit, only to find out the person on the other end of the phone knows less about it than you.

Krups
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
anybody got any exp with whirlpool a/c ??

eggs
11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
http://www.easyairconditioning.co.uk/

have a chat with these Aiyub.

I still think you are looking at the middle market though.

Cheers

eggs

Karl Hofmann
12-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Alternatively, you could try Oceanair in Kirby in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire 01623 727414 for Sanyo

Some of the larger Daikins do look a little dated, but their 600x600 cassettes and new funky wall mounts are really stylish. Their FTXG-c units are a real alternative to the LG Artcool Mirrors, and they dont cost the earth either.

frank
12-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Alternatively, you could try Oceanair in Kirby in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire 01623 727414 for Sanyo

United Refrigeration also sell Sanyo (we get better discounts from them) :)

shizzledabizzle
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Dont touch Daikin or Mitsubishi with a barge pole, the boards are suspect and Daikin condenser coils are as air tight as a tea bag, I have installed thousands of toshiba units personally and have never ever had a fault, their customer service is second to none, I was able to have a fan motor and compressor for a 15 year old unit in 3 days, Mitsubishi delivered a drain tray on a two year old cassette in two months, Daikin boards went on a twin split and it was almost as expensive to replace the boards as it was to fit a new system, my company relies on outstanding performance and we have a huge reputation due to the quality of the equipment we fit, also toshiba will supply you with a single fan 14kw unit at 75kg, compared to daikins which is a double fan at 105kg and is twice the size, toshiba units look the part and I will stand in their corner all day and praise their equipment, if you want to see some of my installs to get an idea of the look and finish of their stuff or want to know anything else just mail me, and I will repeat I have never in my life had to repair a toshiba unless it's been abused and it took 15 years to eventually break, I'm forever at daikins and mitzis though!!! Richie Livingston

paul_h
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Wow that's a long wait before a first post.
How come you never sang toshis praises before, or even posted before?

I had suspicions on your motive shizzleMcdizzle, just noticed the grave digging bump you did though.
Why are you inviting spammers to your gmail address?

technoservice
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi there

I also stand up for Daikin, very sturdy and quiet, and rust much less than other units expecially for places close to the sea. Spares are expensive but I found that most pc boards I replaced were 7 years or older. Clients are always very satisfied.

I also deal with LG and Samsung which are not bad.

When to choose I think that back-up and spares availibility are very important.

Stay away from cheapies!!!!:eek:

tony1
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
the market for the best is always Daikin although expensive i havent seen any other models equiped with the technology like Daikin even though i have Hitachi dc inverter in my home and never had problems in the 13 years i have had them with a couple of moving times. Hitachi would defenetly be my second choice if i had the money.

rotaryboys
13-03-2011, 12:09 AM
absolutely gobsmacked that toshiba is not mentioned up their with daikin and mitsi.reliability is superb and backup excellent give em a try!!!!

charlie patt
13-03-2011, 10:18 PM
personally go with who can give you the best service, if you are in the uk and not a d1 i would avoid daikin as your customer will buy spares at the same cost as you mitsi tosh all very good kit who will give you the best service and discount parts back up and service and range of products and above all a rep or dealer who you can speak to. i would stay away from daikin as i feel they are only interested in there main suppliers and there costings are rapidly going very expensive

Greengrocer
19-03-2011, 09:02 PM
We are a Daikin D1 so our experiences with Daikin may not be representational. Daikin kit is generally OK but definately not perfect. We can offer a 5 year parts warranty - but only if client has the kit maintained annuallly.
Mitsi Electric is OK but expensive compaired to Daikin. I guess if you are a ME partner you would get a better discount. We don't so Daikin is around 10% cheaper - no brainer. Mitsi do have a 10kW high wall & now a high sensible high wall system. They must have been reading some of the threads on this site.
Toshiba are good but have a few holes in their range e.g. no 10kW high wall. Also their model nomenclature is a nightmare to understand.
Hitachi are in some areas technically superior to most but their range is not wide enough, is overly complicated and quite pricy.
Fujitsu is good basic mid range brand and competitive. No 10kW high wall though.
Mitsubishi Heavy industries are great for twin Triple & Quad systems for open plan areas. Their VRF is 10-15% less than Daikin / Mitsi Electric. Good mid range alternative but no 10kW high wall system.
LG - wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Sanyo seem to be OK but don't use much of it to comment.

At the end of the day each manufacturer has their strengths and weaknesses. We tailor the kit we offer to match what the project requires and - most importantly - how much the client can afford. All to often the client wants a "Rolls Royce" but can only afford a lesser brand, which is why we never stick blindly to one brand.

Magoo
20-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Hello Abe.
just as a personal experience, under pressure from her from indoors , I installed a Hitachi inverter heat pump mainly for heating during winter.
Has not missed a beat after 3 years, and from the worlds best consumer advocate/ complainer [ the wife ] no complaints.

stufus
20-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Dont touch Daikin or Mitsubishi with a barge pole, the boards are suspect and Daikin condenser coils are as air tight as a tea bag, I have installed thousands of toshiba units personally and have never ever had a fault, their customer service is second to none, I was able to have a fan motor and compressor for a 15 year old unit in 3 days, Mitsubishi delivered a drain tray on a two year old cassette in two months, Daikin boards went on a twin split and it was almost as expensive to replace the boards as it was to fit a new system, my company relies on outstanding performance and we have a huge reputation due to the quality of the equipment we fit, also toshiba will supply you with a single fan 14kw unit at 75kg, compared to daikins which is a double fan at 105kg and is twice the size, toshiba units look the part and I will stand in their corner all day and praise their equipment, if you want to see some of my installs to get an idea of the look and finish of their stuff or want to know anything else just mail me, and I will repeat I have never in my life had to repair a toshiba unless it's been abused and it took 15 years to eventually break, I'm forever at daikins and mitzis though!!! Richie Livingston

As pointed out by Paul H join date 2009 first post 2011 seem's a bit strange.
As for never ever having to repair a tosh ,well that's just complete bollox!
The entire Rav range is fitted with boards that must have tourettes as they regularly spew out spurious faults.
On the VRF systems branch selectors are notorious for solenoid noise and failures and the outdoors devour IPM's and fan boards and don't get me started on highside pipe fracture's in condensing unit's.
And according to Toshiba all of the above are being addressed by R&D at the highest level.
And before you ask , yes I have dealt with all the above issues on more than the odd occasion and , yes I have spoken to Toshiba technical support at national and international level's and yes I have worked for a Toshiba main dealer.
Cheers
Stu

techguy
24-03-2011, 02:42 AM
OK people go make a cuppa sit down and read tru wisdom

SANYO is the best brand

And I am not just saying that because I work for them.

I swear. Well I am really.

OK on the evel All brands have there quirks and no one brand is best.
It all depends on the application.
Some brands suit certain installs some others.

Make a decision on the following
1. Quality Any main stream Japanese brand is manufactured to JIS standards so this covers most of the well known brands
2. Price. Is also a concern no point in paying extra for any of the Japanese brands as quality is similar across the brands. Anyone who tells u differant is telling Porkies
3. After sales. If you do run into trouble can you contact a real tech guy or do u end up chattin to a desk jockey and spend hours on hold before yolu even get this far.
Spares?? Can you get hold of them in real time.
Warranty 1/2 3 4 5 years?????

ASk all the above questions before you buy my friends and don't listen to all the vested interests make ur own mind up.

Then Buy ?????????////

costin1
06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Old thread, but interesting ideeas.
I work at one company that sels Fujitsu, Daikin, Hitachi, LG, Sharp.
Daikin - OK equipment, but to soon to know because this spring we started
Fujitsu - OK equipment, but some spare parts in 6 to 12 months
Hitachi - crap, PCB's are falling like rain drops, spare parts in 1-2 months, very bad for service, no acces to main parts, finding one service manual is a nightmare,... i hate it
LG - some problems, but spare parts and service info verry good, 1-2 days for delivery spare parts, find one error code with one SMS

What about Sharp ?
My opinion about this equipments is verry good,...
Nice and strong, i like it. Manuals for servicing are precise, spare parts handy, and this new tehnology plasma cluster is great,...

Just my opinion,..
Best regards

Marquisen
27-08-2011, 05:22 AM
In ACs there is no other brand which offers better than Hitachi.
Still you can choose after seeing the specifications of ACs from different brands. I got my AC last month from Overstock. They offer very good discounts also.

Gideon Beddows
27-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Ive had issues with Daikin which include units arriving D.O.A. due to faulty components - try and get daikin help = you'll need an order number

Fujitsu? How many split heat pumps have i had to attend in the winter with the condenser fan smashed to bits on the ice build up on the coil? Well....about 5, but my point is valid!! :)

lyness
01-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Sanyo all the way, i find them a pleasure to work on and their tech guys are very keen to help you out, (in the very unlikely event something goes wrong). Although i hear panasonic own sanyo now and from what i know their set up is similar.

chillerman2006
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Considering 'Abe' was looking at this back in 2005

I think his dilema may have been decided by now !
:rolleyes:

install monkey
01-09-2011, 09:18 PM
you never know- i had a 3.5kw daikin wall mount uder the stairs took 2yrs of getting a free weekend to commit myself to rip out the 8yr old fujitsu that had a squeeky fan motor,it had been squeeky for 2yr!!! but didnt fail

MikeHolm
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
We put in a Fujitsu (21 seer, most efficient at the time) and it has been flawless. We use it mostly for cooling and there has been no real difference in running cost during the summer (before and after installation).

MikeHolm
01-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Considering 'Abe' was looking at this back in 2005

I think his dilema may have been decided by now !
:rolleyes:

Arrggg, just noticed that now

chillerman2006
01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Arrggg, just noticed that now

Hi Mike

we all get caught out like that from time to time :)

R'c chillerman

firey1
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
thats a good comment paul
Thanks chillerman!

BTW Mike, Col is playing you for a fool, he's bumping posts and has a few alternate accounts you are wasting your time replying to, thinking they are new posters with legitimate questions