PDA

View Full Version : Coldroom compressor

goldenship
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Our coldroom is not very cold and the compressor has ice on the surface. The model is FMB/0125-HZ V220-IP-30HZ. The capacity is 1295 W. The colde room is 10 cubic meters. I wonder if I need to change the compressor and if so do I need to have the same mode or an alternative model? where can I get one in the UK. Please help

monkey spanners
10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
First thing to check would be for a frozen up evaporator (the finny blowy thing inside the cold room) If its frozen up between the fins then it may well be a defrost or thermostat/probe problem (or door left open....)

Please feel free to fit a new compressor if you like, it does not need to be the same make but would need to be matched capacity wise to the rest of the system.

You may find some companies reluctant to fit compressors or parts that you have bought yourself, i had the same trouble last wednesday when i took some potatoes to my local chippy for them to cook.

Monkey :)

Brian_UK
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I would suggest that the first thing you need to do is to call in a refrigeration company/person who can do some investigative works and advise you of the best way forward.

coolhibby1875
11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
i would doubt very much the compressor is faulty, as monkey says check the evaporator is not a big ball of ice, if not check that the heat exchanger isn't burst and passing liquid back up the suction pipe.

Frostyguy
13-10-2010, 04:27 AM
I echeo Brians comment. Have a qualified refrigeration person make a complete assesment.
Pulling the trigger on compressor at this stage isnt a good idea and could turn into a real, "shoulda, woulda, coulda" real fast.