PDA

View Full Version : a/c

frosty74
10-07-2005, 06:59 PM
could anyone help me ive been working on a fujitsu a/c condensing unit found going off on h/p comp struggling to pump suspect faulty comp but would also like to rule out the reversing valve possibly not closing properly what checks could i do to ensure this is not the case as dont understand why it is going off on h/p whilst struggling to pump dont want to jump to conclusions and just fault comp L/p wavering between 5 to 7 bar

rbartlett
10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
struggling to quite understand exactly what you wrote but from where I'm sitting it's overcharged..take it out and weight it back in..

then come back if it's still playing up...

cheers

richard

frosty74
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
before my visit sombody else had been out to this system and found it short of gas and pressure tested it possibly has been will re visit tomorrow and weigh gas in and then take it from there also once condensing unit cutting out controller is dislaying EE.EE

Andy W
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Definately take the gas out, vacc it out weigh in a fresh charge, I had one just like it recently, a little Mitsi wall mount on R410a never worked properly right from when it was installed by a pipefitter / duct installer, I reclaimed the gas and almost filled my reclaim cylinder! weighed a fresh liquid charge in and it worked amazingly well, just goes to show what can happen when an inexperienced person dabbles or even worse , they try to vapour charge the system!

Brian_UK
10-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Agree with all above. Have had a Tosh that wouldn't start because it hit the HP as soon as it fired up. It was overcharged.

Pull the gas and weigh in a correct charge; then start investigating for other faults.

frank
10-07-2005, 11:29 PM
I went to a unit last week that was showing ee.ee.

Reset the system (power off/power on) and every thing was just fine.

You say that you suspect the reversing valve - why? put your contact thermometer on the pipes and check - this should tell you if it is passing, although ,I've never personally found a 4 way valve to pass. I've had many that fail.

How would a reversing valve that is passing cause a compressor to cut out on HP switch?

chilly
24-08-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree with all above, Definatly decant, vac out and recharge with new gas, evan if someone else has done it, I trust no one :), You dont know what guages he used, what gas he used, if he got distracted by young blond as he was working ect ect. Then and only when will you be sure of the charge, Try in both modes, heat and cool, try applying a short sharp shcok to the 4 way valve with a rubber hammer, not metal!

I would expect the hp fault code to be EE:00, If EE:EE is blinking as you say then this is just to tell you there is a faul code and you need to rerieve it.
You can retrieve the fault cade by pressing the "energy save + Zone control" buttons together for more than three seconds, the fault code will then be displayed. You may still get the EE:oo fault which will confirm ther hp but at leat we will know for sure. On the other hand you may get another fault code and we will need to go in a new direction. The fault codes are:

E0:00 Comms error (remote control)
E1:00 Comms error (indoor - outdoor)
E2:00 Room temp sensor open
E3:00 Room temp sensor shorted
E4:00 Indoor heat exchanger sensor open
E5:00 Indoor heat exchanger sensor shorted
E6:00 Outdoor heat exch sensor open
E7:00 Outdoor heat exch sensor shorted
E9:00 Drain Float switch
EA:00 Outdoor temp sensor Open
Eb:00 Outdoor temp sensor shorted
EC:00 Discharge pipe temp sensor open
Ed:00 Discharge pipe temp sensor shorted
EE:00 High pressure abnormal
EF:00 Discharge pipe temperature abnormal (short of gass)

Hope that helps

frank
24-08-2005, 09:12 PM
EF:00 Discharge pipe temperature abnormal (short of gass)

Not necessarily so. What if the cond fan was faulty? - same problem ;)

chilly
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
If condenser fan fails you have a hp fault, diferent fault code.

The compressor discharge temp will only trip before the hp if there is a shortage of gas, the temp probe is out of calabration or the comp bearings are wearing out.

Smart arse :D

frank
03-09-2005, 05:27 PM
a shortage of gas, the temp probe is out of calabration or the comp bearings are wearing out.

Exactly ;)