PDA

View Full Version : help with Daikin RXS25F2V1B outdoor units

EvOcarlos
08-10-2010, 01:08 PM
1st off HELLO to every one at RE.com fourms :)

ok so ive come here to ask a question about 2 RXS25F2V1B outdoor units i have recentlly bought

ive had one on the bench and give it power but the unit wont run it will only run if i press the pumpdown button but goes off after 15mins or so

i've been told they need an indoor unit to function but i dont have this option i only have the outdoor units

Is there a smiple way to mimik the indoor unit's connection to the out door unit to make them run when 240v power is supplyed to the unit ?

thanks for looking carl..

Andy AC
08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
If you don't have suitable daikin indoor unit, then no. These have very complicated electronics inside and out that need to communicate with each other all the time.
Why have you bought only the outdoor units?

Andy

EvOcarlos
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
If you don't have suitable daikin indoor unit, then no. These have very complicated electronics inside and out that need to communicate with each other all the time.
Why have you bought only the outdoor units?

Andy
they were cheap is the main part
and for there use i have no need for the indoor units but now only to make them run lol

there must be a diagnostic mode then can be run with just the outdoor

i just need to know what kind of voltage and pulse the indoor gives for lowest temp cooling mode so i can simulate it

ktm
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Don't think it can b done. What do u want the outdoor unit to run for? What u trying to do?

Brian_UK
08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
As you are not doing anything sensible with these units why not go for broke.

Rip out all of the electronics.

Wire a switch across the coil of the compressor contactor.

Hard wire the fan(s) onto the contactor and away you go.

Wait for compressor to die due to inappropriate usage.

Do not come back complaining that it doesn't work properly, what else can you expect.

EvOcarlos
08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Don't think it can b done. What do u want the outdoor unit to run for? What u trying to do?
low temp cascade they were to up grade the one i have now that i built 2 years ago ish

As you are not doing anything sensible with these units why not go for broke.

Rip out all of the electronics.

Wire a switch across the coil of the compressor contactor.

Hard wire the fan(s) onto the contactor and away you go.

Wait for compressor to die due to inappropriate usage.

Do not come back complaining that it doesn't work properly, what else can you expect.
wtf is that all about^ is that an atempt to have ago at the new guy ?

1- the comp is 3 phase and needs the pcb to run
2- the fan is 12v
3 -why woulod the comp die if i cant get it working:confused:

give a silly answer get a silly responce :)

EvOcarlos
08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
really all i want to know is how can i make/force/bodge to get the units running ? cant send them back and for £30 a unit the bits that are in the a worth more

the above post looked a bit bad my bad i miss read it lol :)

ktm
10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
if u pipe up the unit why not just use the pump down switch just leave the valves open? not sure if it will go out on time though. realy interested to hear how u get on.

EvOcarlos
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
the pump down only runs for 15mins would be a pain in the ass to keep running out and pressing them ever 15mins :)

ktm
11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Put a timer on it for ever 15 mins? I realy don't think u gona get it to run properly without it comunicating with an indoor board. Why not just cut the compressor and fan out and just pipe it direct?

EvOcarlos
11-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Put a timer on it for ever 15 mins? I realy don't think u gona get it to run properly without it comunicating with an indoor board. Why not just cut the compressor and fan out and just pipe it direct?

trouble is if i made a timer to click the switch every 15mins if it was a few secs out it would ether miss and turn it off or not start due to the pressures maybe like 3mins to equlise

the unit has the abillity to run on its own because of the pump down feture just trying to get some one to tell me what needs to be done to get it working in that mode
i mean these things are mass produced on a line surlly there tested with out an indooor attatched

its a shame really cause they look like real nice units on the wall shame to have to sell them off just because i cant use them or get any info from daikin

any one know what kind of signal is sent from the indoor unit to the out door ? 12v -5v pusle -digital -?????

have been looking at a daikin BCR1D52 but have no idea if this controller runs the indoor or outdoor or both

if all else fails i think i might do this to them
you tube = Rh1EIyTcA7Y :rolleyes: