PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord AC

Abe
10-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Need help with a freinds car ac.

Compressor kicks in anmd out........makes a grumbling noise intermittent

Refrigerant charge is ok, compressor pump down is fine. Cant understand why compressor cycling on and off continuosly.

Please help.

Andy W
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
If the gas charge is ok and provided that it has not been tampered with such as recharged in case it was overcharged or charged up with a restriction in the system I would go for not condensing and cutting out on the high pressure cut out. Normally you can have a feel of the liquid line as you would with a normal refrigeration system bur cars do run warmer.

What year is it by the way and is it manual controls or electronic control looking like a car radio?

Abe
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Andy

Its electronic like a car radio facia.........
one of the later models

Abe
10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Do I remove charge , vac it and refill ??
and if I refill, what amount of refrigerant do I put in???

rbartlett
10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
nie time of of ten the correct charge is either on a plate under the bonnet or in the manual..

usually about 800gms

cheers

richard

Andy W
10-07-2005, 05:25 PM
The Honda Accord from 1998 onwards is charged with 500 - 550grams of R134a. Fortunateley for you your particular car is equipped with a self diagnosis control module, its just a matter of knowing how to gain access to the codes. Switch ignition on, depress and hold Auto switch, depress and hold OFF switch. If fault has been recorded the digital display will illuminate a fault code which will cycle between "88" and trouble code consisting of one segment of one of the "8's" every 1 second. Try the above, let me know the code (if one recorded and stored) and I will tell you what it relates to. There are 14 codes by the way. Hope the above helps.

jay
10-07-2005, 06:03 PM
1)Check the high pressure, maybe the filter is chocked or the expantion is faulty.
2)could be the condensor fan is too slow or rotating in wrong direction.

Abe
15-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Andy W, Richard.....Jay

I took out all the gas............deep vacuumed.......weighed in charge in exactly 550 gms of R134

Working like a charm

Apparently he took it somewhere...........guy overcharged it..........just filled unit with gas.........dumped

System was tripping on HP

Thx for all your help