PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Life Testing of Drawer Slides at -30C

Amit_Dhimanj
08-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Dear All,

I got an assignment to design a testing fixture to test the durability of the drawer slides at -30C.

Requirements :
Application : Freezers (-30C)
Load : 110lb (15 % push/pull force)
Test Cycles : 60000
Samples to test : 5 pairs with dummy drawers

My idea is to use the existing freezer and build the fixture inside it (easient way to test at -30C),and tu put actuator outside the cabinet.
Make a hole in the cabinet and pass the piston rod through it which will be linked to drawers by means of connecting member.

Need suugesiton:
the only concern i can see at this moment is the sealing of the hole where piston rod will pass through,and relibility of the seal
Please let me know if such seals are available as I dont want to take any risk on ice formation around the passage.

Waiting for response.

Brian_UK
08-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Can you not put the actuator inside the chamber?

What sort of actuator is it, electric, hydraulic, pneumatic?

Amit_Dhimanj
09-10-2010, 04:47 AM
No,its not possible as the space available is less (59" space available inside tank & extended length of slide is 36"), i need space to mount the slides & have linkages to connect drawer with connecting rod and then to piston rod ( which is more than the left over space)hence to fit the actuator outside freezer cabinet.
I am using pneumatic actuator.(2"bore,19"stroke)

gst
15-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Can't you mount the actuators inside your drawers? It would seem to be a simpler solution then cutting holes in your storage box.

Shaukat
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Dear All,

I got an assignment to design a testing fixture to test the durability of the drawer slides at -30C.

Requirements :
Application : Freezers (-30C)
Load : 110lb (15 % push/pull force)
Test Cycles : 60000
Samples to test : 5 pairs with dummy drawers

My idea is to use the existing freezer and build the fixture inside it (easient way to test at -30C),and tu put actuator outside the cabinet.
Make a hole in the cabinet and pass the piston rod through it which will be linked to drawers by means of connecting member.

Need suugesiton:
the only concern i can see at this moment is the sealing of the hole where piston rod will pass through,and relibility of the seal
Please let me know if such seals are available as I dont want to take any risk on ice formation around the passage.

Waiting for response.
hi,
www.amafhhcooling.com