PDA

View Full Version : COP in catalogue vs actual (VRF)

Iliketolearn
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I try to compare COP between VRF inverter and VRF digital scroll. Basically I check from catalogue. COP of Daikin VRVIII are quite higher than Digital scroll but I receive some actual test data from Emerson Copeland to show that COP of digital scroll is better.
There is one comment that the power consumption in catalogue is not included the inverter loss because they test VRF inverter by suppling power to compressor with fix frequency (no inverter loss as per the actual usage). I check details in Daikin VRV III technical manual, it has remark - Power Input : kW(Comp.+Outdoor fan motor). Do anyone can confirm the fact for this? If COP in catalouge are actually not included inverter loss, then how much the additional power consumption for inverter loss by approximately. :cool:

Third_techtrio
16-10-2010, 03:37 PM
I think that the inverter base vrf or vrv finally found their match with the digital scroll base vrf..thanks to copeland. I have attended seminar on either of this technology and either of them is poking on each other.
I'll put my bet on the digital scroll (though the term digital is quite confusing..since both are digitally manipulated) because its the newer technology and should post as the better one.
Hope someone can post a factual data on this two variation of vrf technology..

Keep up the good work guys!!

cool runings
16-10-2010, 10:03 PM
I try to compare COP between VRF inverter and VRF digital scroll. Basically I check from catalogue. COP of Daikin VRVIII are quite higher than Digital scroll but I receive some actual test data from Emerson Copeland to show that COP of digital scroll is better.
There is one comment that the power consumption in catalogue is not included the inverter loss because they test VRF inverter by suppling power to compressor with fix frequency (no inverter loss as per the actual usage). I check details in Daikin VRV III technical manual, it has remark - Power Input : kW(Comp.+Outdoor fan motor). Do anyone can confirm the fact for this? If COP in catalouge are actually not included inverter loss, then how much the additional power consumption for inverter loss by approximately. :cool:

What you have to remember is COP is measuring energy imparted in the compression cycle (work done) not total energy consumed.

Do not confuse COP with EER (energy effiency ratio)

COP only compares Refrigeration Effect divided by Work Done or Heat Rejected divided by Work Done..

EER compares total cooling capacity divided by Total Energy used or Heating capacity divided by Total Energy used.

All the best

coolrunnings

mortan
20-10-2010, 09:12 AM
hello this is mortan I really like your site.

sunilkumarhvac
13-08-2011, 06:24 AM
really interesting

raviperumal
08-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Hi,

The invertor loss can be 3 to 5 % depends on the drive design.

Ravi