PDA

View Full Version : Maxima problem.

alpha
08-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi, wonder if anyone can point me on my way.
I have an early maxima that's causing me a few head aches.
Now the problem is with the thermostat circuit.
The potentiometer dial has been replaced as well as the sensor.

I set the stat for -20C and she runs at high speed cool.
Slowly turn the stat to warmer and at -10C the unit will go low speed cool then into heat cycle low and high speeds, but the problem is that the trailers box temp is +15C.

What could possibly of gone awol?
Thanks..

Would anyone have a wiring diagram for a twin compartment Tk v200 I could look at please?

Latte
08-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi Alpha,

Assuming you have checked the basic's (Evap Fan Turning) and not having worked on one of these for 3 years the problem must surely be the board. I assume exactly the same problems occured before you changed the stat and sensor. I only asked about the evap fans as if the probe is near the coil and the fan isn't turning it will read the coil temp and not the air.

Well let us know how you get on

Regards

Fatboy

benijoseph
08-07-2005, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=alpha]
The potentiometer dial has been replaced as well as the sensor.

Mr, A---a,
I think you are using a wrong sensor or configure your controller with its service manual.
All the best,
beni joseph, :D

alpha
08-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi rdocwra,

Basic checks done and all looking fine and your assumptions are correct about the fault still being there with new and old stat and sensor. Will have a peek at the board next week, maybe lucky and have another unit to borrow off.

frank
09-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Not my field of expertise but it sounds like the new sensor/pot is out of calibration therefore giving an incorrect value to the board.

Reeferjon
11-07-2005, 01:43 PM
If you are happy that.
a. the sensor is connected property...no dry joints.
b. your wiring is healthy, again no oxdized terminals (high res).
c. your pot wiring is ok, then it must be the PCB.

As for the V200 m/t email me off list.

alpha
15-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the pointers guys, havn't managed to get back to the unit yet, the trailer failed it's mot so it's gone for scrap.