PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Ururu Sarara - Year of production

socomeva
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Dears,

this summer (year 2010) we decided to install an air conditioner and we have chosen a Daikin Ururu Sarara (RXRE/FTXR28E).

The installation was well done, everything is fine and the unit is doing very well

BUT

there is one thing that I need to sort out for peace of mind.

When we have ordered the Ururu Sarara, it was not in stock and they needed to order it but when I have cleaned the external unit recently (because of some maintenance work they were doing on the upper floor) I have noticed that the external unit (RXRE) had been already built in year 2008 (according on what the label says) and I would like to be sure that the unit we have received is one of the newest one and is not technologically obsolete.

Do you have notice of newer external units (built in year 2009 or 2010) that have improvements compared to the one built in year 2008?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

ATB

momo
04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
The S.-U. model is top of the range and probably few units are sold... You should have no problem provided 1. you keep the bill for guarantee purposes (2 years usually and parts must be available for repair for 5 years) 2. the unit was supplied from Daikin shortly before installation. Regretably of all the manufacturers (I await to be corrected) Daikin seems to be very tight about their supply date to distributors (not installers!) counting as the start date of guarantee... This leaves RESPONSIBLE installers in a pickle if a machine goes wrong in that grey period not covered by the manufacturer: they may face nasty music (complaints).

monkey spanners
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't know when Daikin rolled out its latest models, but if your outdoor unit is compatable with a newer indoor unit then i would think they have not changed much if at all!

Here is an interesting vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CERfoDIU2Yw

Jon :)

socomeva
05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't know when Daikin rolled out its latest models, but if your outdoor unit is compatable with a newer indoor unit then i would think they have not changed much if at all!

Here is an interesting vid

Jon :)
Hi Jon,

thank you very much.

First of all I don't know if the internal unit is a "newer" unit because I couldn't see a year of manufacturing, so I don't know if the "compatible" fact makes sense.

Interesting video by the way, interesting but unfortunately useless because I still pretend to get what I pay for meaning that when I buy a VW Golf this year I pretend to get the 2010 model and not the one of year 2008.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you and ATB

nick2ono
05-10-2010, 10:25 AM
the ururu sarara is probably the best residential airconditioning system in the market!

so i wouldn't worry if it was made in 2008 or 2009, just enjoy it's unique opperation!

ciao!

momo
06-10-2010, 01:14 AM
The U.-S mentioned remains current. The other top of the line (UX1) has now been replaced by the FTXG-J_ (probably because of Far Eastern look alikes) and a new economy model was added to the range of domestic inverters. While you might like to get the latest latest latest model - honest installers will have seen the problems/advantages of models that have been out a couple of years and would advise accordingly... How many fancy new models of cars get recalled every year for (safety) problems - the salesmen did not say anything, did they?

socomeva
06-10-2010, 08:06 AM
The U.-S mentioned remains current. The other top of the line (UX1) has now been replaced by the FTXG-J_ (probably because of Far Eastern look alikes) and a new economy model was added to the range of domestic inverters. While you might like to get the latest latest latest model - honest installers will have seen the problems/advantages of models that have been out a couple of years and would advise accordingly... How many fancy new models of cars get recalled every year for (safety) problems - the salesmen did not say anything, did they?
Dear Momo,

thank you very much for the useful information.

It's not that I want always the latest model, actually it's the contrary, I have asked for a good air conditioner where it's reliability has been proven on the field over several years.

I pretend to be a reasonable person and I accept always an expert advise, so (just for example) if the installer (which I consider to be honest and professionally very capable) would have told me "I prefer to install the unit of year 2008 instead of the latest ones because they are made in China with some quality issues" (it's just an example) I would have accepted and appreciated the advice.

On the other side, sometimes it happens that people wants to save a few euro on an installation that should run smoothly for several years (have you ever saved money on a screwdriver, if yes please tell me your experience) and at the end those few euro ruined the whole thing.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense for example to save a few euro by installing an older model and to spend more over the years for energy consumption (normally newer models are more energy efficient).

Once it happened that I bought something from a friend and after some time I've noticed that a useful feature was missing on the item. After asking explanations to my friend he told me "Yes I know, but I was thinking that you would have liked to save some money", saving money always good but please let me decide.

A last word on the installer, I completely trust him and I'm perfectly happy with the job he did and should I need another installation I will contact him again but unfortunately it happens that even the installers don't know exactly what kind of "internal improvements" have been applied to the units and that's why I have posted on this forum.

By the way, I have a few questions about some features/settings of the unit that are not well explained on the User Manual (IMO) and I have asked more details to the installer and also to the official service center but unfortunately up till now no response, maybe I will ask your kind help in another post.

Anyway thanks very much, to all of you, for all your help, very much appreciated.

ATB