PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo wall mounted split fault

frank14
03-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Good day all

I got asked to have a look at a Sanyo wall mounted split model SAP-K184GJL. The unit runs for a short while and then switches off and the operation light blinks. I have had a look on the net, but don't seem to get a manual for this model. From similar models it seems the evap sensors could do this ? I swopped these from the unit nextdoor, but the same fault still occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

moondawn
03-10-2010, 07:09 PM
not sure if this will help you

frank14
04-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Moondawn

Thanks for the help

these units are from Sanyo Singapore. I got a sales brochure , but access to service manuals are restricted. The outdoor unit has no pcb or any safeties, just a relay that switches comp and cond fan on together. I tried swopping the remaining componants from the unit next door, transformer, pcbs, sensors, ioniser.

The unit does exactly the same, so I'm now thinking perhaps it is some thing I need to change via the remote ?

Thanks again

nike123
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
The unit does exactly the same, so I'm now thinking perhaps it is some thing I need to change via the remote ?

Thanks again
Try to swap indoor unit fan motor.

techguy
04-10-2010, 03:13 PM
HI Frank,

If the unit came from Singapore it wouldn't have fan speed control on the outdoor unit The flashing led is probably frost protection.
The outdoor unit is over condensing you may need to install a fan speed controller to the outdoor unit . Usually the Asian models are only rated to operate in cooling to an external ambient of 19 degrees C.

If you want to test this remove the coil sensor from the indoor coil. Just for a few minutes and watch how the unit operates. If the unit operates for longer but begins to flood back or ice up this is your problem. To overcome this you will have to install a fan speed controller into the outdoor unit

PS. I'll try to get you a manual for this but it's not a model which is sold in Europe so could take me a while.

T

frank14
04-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Techguy and Nike123

Thanks for the input, I can only get back to the unit in a few days. You are right, there is no fan speed control ( very basic unit which makes the problem more frustrating), but I am in Equatorial Guinea and most days at this time of year are +/- 28 deg C

I will try changing the indoor unit fan motor. It looks fairly easy to do. It does run and for the short time it runs I can change speeds via the remote. Does it give input to the pcb or is the motor just an output ?

Thanks again for the help

frank14
11-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Nike 123

Sorry for the delay, had to complete a previously planned job.

I changed the indoor fan - magic - the unit now works. Thank you.

Now I'd like to know why. When I changed componants previously and the fault stayed, I tripple checked all connections and leads to and from the various items. ??

Any ideas ?

frank14

nike123
11-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Nike 123

Sorry for the delay, had to complete a previously planned job.

I changed the indoor fan - magic - the unit now works. Thank you.

Now I'd like to know why. When I changed componants previously and the fault stayed, I tripple checked all connections and leads to and from the various items. ??

Any ideas ?

frank14

Fan motor (or connection cables) of motor is faulty or fan connector is not sitting correctly. Unit signalize that error same as if the problem with temperature probe.

Does now both units work correctly after fan swapping? If yes, than your connections where bad.

moondawn
11-10-2010, 09:45 PM
hi there

why would the faulty indoor fan motor strat to spin and change speeds as asked by the remote and then fault. is there a sensor on it that will say its overheating??

nike123
11-10-2010, 10:03 PM
hi there

why would the faulty indoor fan motor strat to spin and change speeds as asked by the remote and then fault. is there a sensor on it that will say its overheating??

It has sensor which tell that is spinning and that is spinning to correct speed.

moondawn
12-10-2010, 08:01 PM
thank you nike for the quick reply is the sensor internal in the motor usually?

nike123
12-10-2010, 08:33 PM
thank you nike for the quick reply is the sensor internal in the motor usually?

Yep, Hall element.

moondawn
12-10-2010, 09:23 PM
thanks rep points added