PDA

View Full Version : Absorption chillers on a ship

evapcoil
03-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi fellow colleagues
I'm studying the possibility of install an absorption chiller on a cruise ship but I'm having troubles finding a brand that can work on a not very stable base, it understood that the absorption chiller will not be the primary source of cooling capacity, so in case of rough sea , when the absorption chiller might have problem :confused:, the regular electric chillers will be turned back on service :). I read some time ago that a japanese cargo ship has been equipped with something like that but I cannot find the article and I cannot recall if the brand of the absorption chillers was specified.
Does anybody have soem suggestion or comment on this?
Thank You very much in advance for your time.

evapcoil
08-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Hello all
May be I create the thread in the wrong forum, should I move it to the air conditioning section?

There is any good samaritan out there that can help this poor pilgrim? :D

Ciao...

evapcoil
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
PS Carrier already officially reply that their absorption chiller are not suitable for ship's installation.

Quality
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Try Firechill.com the may be able to help

evapcoil
09-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Thank You Quality

technogeek1
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
FireChill have an Apps Lab where you can identify potential applications for their chillers and the Tech Team will work with you to find a solution. I think that's what Quality is referring to.
There was a superyacht launched last year that was eco-friendly with a chiller on board that could be powered by waste-heat. I found the article again to see if it mentioned the manufacturer but it didn't. I know its not a cruise ship but it might have given you a starting point!

technogeek1
11-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Berg do Brine Chillers - berg-group.com/marinechiller not sure it's what you were looking for though

evapcoil
11-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Thank You technogeek , I'll look at their website... Hopefully ,they will be a little bit bigger than the firechill ones... But it's already a starting point.... :-)