PDA

View Full Version : work experience please help

jason1995
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi I am looking to take over my dad's domestic refrigeration business of 30 years and am looking to gain some experience in the industry ( sadly he's no longer around to teach me). I have been out helping him when possible and am looking to do my F Gas and service and maintenance courses etc. this month. I would then really like some experience learning from people in the field. I am willing to consider anything and would be really grateful if anyone could help within East Anglia.
My background: originally trained as a motor vehicle technician and have experience of car air con. I then moved into management roles and am currently working in motor vehicle insurance. I am technically minded and am would love the opportunity to carry on my dad's business.
Thanks for any help / suggestions.

r.bartlett
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Let me get this straight. You want somone to take you round and show you how to become a better competitor to them?

Hmm good luck with that:D

jason1995
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Now that would be daft wouldn't it! There are fortunately no competitors in the area so there's no risk of that ( probably why the business has been so successful ).

Quality
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I did not see your query as a competition quote - but you can do what you want in the real world.

Get some education / Training then decide what you can or cannot do.

I can understand wanting to carry your dads business on , I had the same but never had a HGV license thank god