PDA

View Full Version : water in oil separator

lynark
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
hi guys,

just want to ask, we have a customer complaining about a water in its oil separator. What causes this? is this normal in ammonia system?

RANGER1
01-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Lynark

Please give a more detailed question as its preety open .
I'm wondering if there is condensed liquid ammonia in sight glass or actual water ?

Segei
01-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Most likely this is liquid ammonia, because of leaking discharge check valve.

lynark
01-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Lynark

Please give a more detailed question as its preety open .
I'm wondering if there is condensed liquid ammonia in sight glass or actual water ?

Hi Ranger1,

Actually, i haven't seen the unit. The customer only inform me what his been experiencing.

lynark
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Most likely this is liquid ammonia, because of leaking discharge check valve.

Hi Segei,

thanks, i'll check that when I go to the plant.

lynark
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
hi guys,

some says that the water in the oil separator is because there is some leak in the shell and tube condenser. is this possible?

RANGER1
02-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Only if the pressure in refrig compressor package is a lower pressure which is of course possible .

You need to find leak & hopefully plug damaged tubes .

Change oil & filters a few times as well .

D.D.KORANNE
03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Water in accumulator is possible

lynark
03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Only if the pressure in refrig compressor package is a lower pressure which is of course possible .

You need to find leak & hopefully plug damaged tubes .

Change oil & filters a few times as well .

hi Ranger1,

tomorrow i'll be checking the unit hopefully i'll find the cause of the water in the oil separator.

Segei
04-10-2010, 05:28 AM
hi guys,

some says that the water in the oil separator is because there is some leak in the shell and tube condenser. is this possible?
This is only can happen if you isolate and pump out the condenser.

gangiprasad
05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
hi Ranger1,

tomorrow i'll be checking the unit hopefully i'll find the cause of the water in the oil separator.
We have Freeze-Dryer and refrigeration system have HSN 5353-25 single stage screw compressor. This is unloading at -40 deg C, instead of -65 deg C. Change all filters and clean, no use.
pl let me know the causes and remedy.
thanks,
G.Durga Prasad.

lynark
06-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi guys,

the icing are in the suction accumulator and body of compressor and not the oil separator. Discharge pressure is 250psi and suction pressure 10 psi. Clean the shell and tube condenser, cooling tower basin and replace filter of oil superseparator (there's a yellowish glue like substance). Also drain the flooded type evaporator, suction accumulator and liquid receiver. Looks like since 2003 up to now they haven't clean or drain the system.

lynark
06-10-2010, 12:29 AM
We have Freeze-Dryer and refrigeration system have HSN 5353-25 single stage screw compressor. This is unloading at -40 deg C, instead of -65 deg C. Change all filters and clean, no use.
pl let me know the causes and remedy.
thanks,
G.Durga Prasad.

Hi G.Durga Prasad,
Try checking the unloading pressure switch