PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Code 50 & 60

chesuk
29-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi guys, we need help on accessing Daikin code 50 & 60 menus can any one help pls?

Brian_UK
29-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Remind me please, what are 50/60 codes for?

justine
30-09-2010, 03:12 PM
sure i can help u,tell me your actual problem....

hyperion
30-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Thought that some of these codes are for factory re-programming of the application spec etc. Not all of them are applicable to all units.
Some can be used to alter the capacity limit of the VRV and some can be used to blank out the remote controller.
Be very careful how you use these codes as some are claimed to be non-reversible.

james10
30-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Daikin do NOT release these codes even some of the daikin guys do not have them if your problem is this high up in the code ranking then i think it would be sensible to call daikin out, after all the cost of kit these days isn't cheap and from what i was unofficially told by a chap from a major manufacturer these codes can cause serious damage to equipment

chesuk
30-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi, we are building a test rig and we have been advised that one of the code 60 if set will set the indoor unit so it does not look for an outdoor unit?

james10
30-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi, we are building a test rig and we have been advised that one of the code 60 if set will set the indoor unit so it does not look for an outdoor unit?
How about put the indoor unit in fan only

chesuk
01-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi James10, thks for the input, we have tried this however on VRV indoor boards they will still display certain fault codes even when set to fan only.

brunstar
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
what fault codes are you getting and then we can see what measures can be taken to get rid of them.

freedom HP
03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
ahh the 50s and 60s

in general they are pretty useless and are fan coil specific. one of them 60-7-02 turns off all fault codes, its used for building simulation rigs.

some of the others in the 50s are good, they can fully close exp valves in the fan coils in heating mode. One of them changes superheat when using r22 fan coils on r407c etc. In brief they are of no use in the real world so dont play.

Daikin wont release them, they are not allowed to, changing these can effect the unit hugely voiding warranty.

if you wanna play good luck but they are impossible to reset so have a supply of new pcbs at hand if you want to change them.

there is a powerpoint presentation around with all the 50s and 60s on it and how to set em, ask the old boys at daikin for a copy if they like you they will do you proud.

good luck

Graham

Mentallist
11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Only some of these codes are usefull, they are mainly for programming refrigerant clasiffication, expansion valve control, capacity setting, reading outdoor unit data via the remote, addressing with no centralised connected etc, they can be reset if you play around with them, but you need to know what you want to do before you play. The codes cannot be released. There are many more things you can program by service codes in the indoor units and outdoor PCB's by using the setting modes, but these are not released for a reason, stick with whats available, it should be all you need